Sep. 23, 2013, 11:31 AM
Sep. 5, 2013, 7:37 AM| Sep. 5, 2013, 7:37 AM | Comment!
Sep. 4, 2013, 6:57 PM
- There's been no change in the list of top 10 holdings of Morningstar's Ultimate Stock Pickers so far this year, but one wonders about the fate of Microsoft (MSFT) after its much criticized purchase of Nokia's main handset business; it had been the top high-conviction holding in the group.
- The top 10 holdings: MSFT, GOOG, WFC, JNJ, BRK.B, AIG, PG, WMT, PEP, UPS.
- Among purchases during the most recent period, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) topped the top 10 list of high-conviction buys, followed by WFC, GM, SLB, INTC, AAPL, XOM, APA, CHRW, EMC.
Aug. 30, 2013, 3:37 PM
Aug. 26, 2013, 3:03 PM
- Fox (FOXA) has sold close to 85% of its Super Bowl advertising slots with some 30-seconds spots going for $4M per commercial, according to Variety.
- Automakers will have the most exposure during the game - including a return of General Motors (GM +0.2%) - while stalwarts Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD -0.4%) and PepsiCo (PEP +0.2%) will also be well-represented.
- What to watch: The runup to the Super Bowl and the game itself will likely feature significant exposure of Fox properties - including ESPN-challenger Fox Sports 1.
Aug. 13, 2013, 3:06 PM
- If the Department of Justice is going to flex its anti-trust muscles on the US Airways and American Airlines merger could other high-profile deals - both rumored and in progress - be at risk?
- Discounters: Dollar General (DG) and Family Dollar (FDO).
- Satellite: DirecTV (DTV) and Dish Network (DISH).
- Office stores: OfficeMax (OMX) and Office Depot (ODP).
- Snacks: PepsiCo (PEP) and Mondelez International (MDLZ).
Aug. 13, 2013, 10:41 AM
- A sharp drop in corn prices could filter down to help give a little lift to the bottom lines of a number of food companies.
- Tyson Foods (TSN +0.4%), Pilgrims Pride <<PPC>, and Hormel (HRL +0.6%) are three of the companies that could benefit the most if hedging strategies don't get in the way.
- Raw material cost could turn lower for cereal makers Kellogg (K -0.1%), General Mills (GIS), and Post Holdings (POST -0.7%).
- Soda sellers Coca-Cola (KO -0.5%), PepsiCo (PEP -0.3%), and Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS -0.3%) won't mind the news either.
Jul. 30, 2013, 1:07 PM
- An appellate judge in New York upheld a ruling striking down a large-sized soda ban in New York City, setting the stage for the case to move on up to the New York Court of Appeals.
- The issue has come up in the NYC Mayoral race with leading candidate Christine Quinn and disgraced contender Anthony Weiner both in support of soda sizes without limits.
- Execs with Coca-Cola (KO +0.2%), PepsiCo (PEP +0.2%), and Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS -0.4%) have been quietly confident that events in the Big Apple would go their way, but still face a larger issue of sluggish soda drink sales in the U.S. due in part to health concerns.
Jul. 30, 2013, 9:03 AM
- A rather interesting byproduct of the mega-merger in the advertising industry between Publicis and Omnicom (OMC) is that Pepsico (PEP) and Coca-Cola (KO) will now share the same ad firm.
- Though it's not unheard of that two large rivals will count on Chinese walls to protect their strategies from leaking at an agency, it also stands as a risk for the combined company that it could lose a gigantic account.
Jul. 26, 2013, 12:18 PM
Jul. 26, 2013, 11:11 AM
Jul. 24, 2013, 7:22 AMMore on PepsiCo (PEP) Q2 earnings: Core gross margin up 120 bps after marketing expense rose 13%. Organic revenue growth of 4.2%, led by emerging market growth of 11% (after adjustments). Reiterates guidance of $900M in productivity savings in 2013, $3B from 2012-14. On track to return $6.4B of capital this year - $3.4B in dividends, $3B in share repurchases. FY13 Guidance remains at 7% core constant currency EPS growth, but foreign exchange movements should slice that by 200 bps. Organic revenue growth is expected in the mid-single digits. CC at 8 ET. (PR) | Jul. 24, 2013, 7:22 AM | Comment!
Jul. 24, 2013, 7:01 AM
Jul. 24, 2013, 12:05 AMNotable earnings before Wednesday’s open: ABC, AOS, ARMH, ARW, ATI, BA, CAT, CFR, CKSW, CP, CVE, DAL, DPS, ECA, ELN, EMC, EVR, F, GD, GNTX, ICON, LAD, LCC, LL, LLY, MCO, MDCO, MSA, MSI, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOR, NYCB, OC, OCR, PCH, PEP, PLD, PVR, PX, RAI, RCI, RDN, RES, RLGY, SAVE, STX, TEL, TMO, TROW, TUP, WLP, WYN | Jul. 24, 2013, 12:05 AM | Comment!
Jul. 23, 2013, 5:30 PMNotable earnings before Wednesday’s open: ABC, AOS, ARMH, ARW, ATI, BA, CAT, CFR, CKSW, CP, CVE, DAL, DPS, ECA, ELN, EMC, EVR, F, GD, GNTX, ICON, LAD, LCC, LL, LLY, MCO, MDCO, MSA, MSI, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOR, NYCB, OC, OCR, PCH, PEP, PLD, PVR, PX, RAI, RCI, RDN, RES, RLGY, SAVE, STX, TEL, TMO, TROW, TUP, WLP, WYN | Jul. 23, 2013, 5:30 PM | Comment!
Jul. 19, 2013, 4:14 PM
PEP vs. ETF Alternatives
PepsiCo Inc is a food, snack and beverage company. It manufactures, markets, distributes and sells convenient and enjoyable beverages, foods and snacks, serving customers and consumers in more than 200 countries and territories.
Other News & PR