Sep. 17, 2014, 2:29 PM
- Reuters reports it and then takes it away, as it cites "a source with knowledge of the matter" as saying an earlier report that IAC/InteractiveCorp (IACI +0.1%) had offered to buy Perion Network (PERI +4.1%) was untrue.
- The earlier report said IAC has offered at least $500M for PERI, whose technology helps developers distribute apps and make money off them through advertising.
Sep. 17, 2014, 9:15 AM
Sep. 17, 2014, 6:52 AM
Aug. 11, 2014, 1:20 PM
- The WSJ reports IronSource, an Israeli provider of an app distribution/monetization platform for developers, has raised $80M-$100M ahead of an expected Q2 2015 IPO.
- The paper adds Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan have been hired as advisers for the IPO, and that the offering could involve a ~$1.5B valuation.
- IronSource has annual sales of $260M. Its services are leveraged by 100M+ users each month.
- Perion (PERI +3.3%), which offers its own app distribution/monetization platform, is rallying on a good day for tech. Shares sold off last week due to a full-year guidance cut caused in large part by Google Chrome policy changes.
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:04 PM
- Perion (PERI -9.4%) now expects 2014 revenue of $380M-$400M and net income of $80M-$90M, down sharply from a May forecast of $460M-$470M and $103M-$108M.
- The company largely blames Google Chrome policy changes (previous) that require users to manually agree to the installation of plug-ins (such as Perion's search toolbars). A "technical matter" that has hurt search traffic is also taking a toll, but Perion expects the issue to be fixed soon.
- CEO Josef Mandelbaum: "We're not going to spend as aggressively because we would be losing money, and we are preserving the profitability of the business." Perion is lowering its payouts to partners until monetization rebounds.
- Costs/expenses fell to 20% of revenue in Q2 from 23% a year ago. Customer acquisition costs were 50% of revenue.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 6, 2014, 9:14 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 7:09 AM
Aug. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ANR, AOL, APO, ARIA, AVA, AVT, BRKR, CEQP, CHK, CLH, CMLS, CNP, CONE, CSTE, CTSH, DBD, DISH, DNR, DVN, DWSN, EE, ELOS, GEO, GOV, GWPH, HFC, HNT, INXN, IPXL, ITC, KELYA, LINC, LIOX, MDLZ, MEMP, MVIS, NAVB, NUS, PERI, PH, PKD, POWR, RDC, RL, ROC, SBGI, SE, SEP, SF, SJI, SKYW, STWD, TAP, THI, TRGT, TWX, VC, VIAB, VITC, VOYA, WD, WIX, WPX, ZINC
Jun. 30, 2014, 12:14 PM
- Grow Mobile's platform offers app developers an integrated dashboard for launching, optimizing, and tracking the performance of ad campaigns campaign across multiple ad networks/exchanges. Clients include major mobile game developers such as Gameloft and Gree.
- Perion (PERI -0.8%) states Grow is already profitable and posted triple-digit Y/Y revenue growth last quarter. It's paying $17M up-front ($10M cash, $7M stock), and could pay up to $25M in performance earn-outs over the next 24 months.
- Grow's offerings will be added to Perion's newly-launched Lightspeed platform, which provides a slew of tools for developers looking to promote their apps. The purchase comes amid booming demand for mobile app install ads - Facebook's ads have been especially popular - from developers struggling to get noticed on the App Store and Google Play.
Jun. 4, 2014, 5:33 PM
May. 15, 2014, 6:28 AM
May. 14, 2014, 5:30 PM
May. 8, 2014, 4:00 PM| 2 Comments
Mar. 3, 2014, 11:35 AM
- Perion (PERI +10.8%) expects 2014 revenue of $460M-$470M, EBITDA of $125M-$130M, and net income of $103M-$108M. Between them, Perion and reverse merger partner ClientConnect (i.e. Conduit's toolbar unit) had 2013 revenue of $430.1M, EBITDA of $122.3M, and net income of $106.8M.
- Ahead of the Jan. 2 closing of the ClientConnect deal, Perion's Q4 sales soundly beat estimates on the back of a 61% Y/Y increase in search-related revenue to $10M (lifted by deals with Yahoo, Bing, and Ask.com). Sales of all other products/services rose 12% to $6.8M.
- Customer acquisition costs rose 50% Y/Y in Q4 to $14.6M , slightly outpacing rev. growth of 47%. Google accounted for 38% of 2013 revenue.
- Q4 results, PR
Mar. 3, 2014, 9:09 AM
Mar. 3, 2014, 6:35 AM
PERI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR