Dec. 5, 2014, 12:27 PM| Dec. 5, 2014, 12:27 PM | Comment!
Nov. 19, 2014, 10:21 AM
- An acquisition of PetSmart (PETM +4.1%) by KKR and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice is more likely if the company manages to push through its $200M cost-cutting plan, reasons Wedbush.
- Despite some concerns on PetSmart's weak gross margin rate and high level of inventory, Wedbush assigns a price target of $80 to PETM as a takeover premium.
- BofA also has a $80 price target on the stock, although it likes the prospect of a PetSmart-Petco merger better than the P-E play.
- UBS is more PETM)+Q3+Report%3B+Boosts+PT+to+$77/10030390.html" target="_blank">cautious with a $77 price target and tepid Neutral rating on PetSmart, noting the Q3 traffic decline of 2.4% was a concern.
- Analyst Michael Lasser leans to the apprehensive side: "As we see it, the situation is becoming fascinating, but less analyzable."
- Previously: Q3 results, Q3 highlights, P-E firms eyeing PetSmart
Aug. 19, 2014, 9:31 PM
Aug. 19, 2014, 6:00 PM
Jul. 17, 2014, 7:19 AM
Jul. 3, 2014, 11:10 AM
Jul. 3, 2014, 9:08 AM
Jul. 3, 2014, 8:48 AM
May 21, 2014, 12:47 PM
May 21, 2014, 9:24 AM
May 21, 2014, 9:10 AM
Mar. 5, 2014, 8:38 AM
- PetSmart (PETM) has once again defied its critics that thought the retailer would be killed off by Amazon and other online sellers, notes retail analyst Rahul Sharma.
- The 1.2% comp that PetSmart posted in Q4 shows it has plenty of resiliency with the weather working against it.
- Service sales grew to over 10% of the company's revenue haul, while costs associated with that side of the business moderated. As mighty as they are, Amazon can't quite keep up in the dog grooming and training categories.
- PETM +1.4% premarket
Mar. 5, 2014, 8:21 AM
- PetSmart (PETM) reports comparable store sales grew 1.2% in Q4 led by service sales.
- Gross margin rate improved 40 bps to 31.4% during the period.
- The company expects net sales growth of 4%-6% in FY14 on comp sales growth of 2%-4%. EPS is expected to land in a range of $4.42-$4.54 vs. $4.45 consensus.
- PETM +1.6% premarket
Aug. 21, 2013, 9:24 AM
Mar. 7, 2013, 9:10 AM
Mar. 7, 2013, 6:51 AM
PETM vs. ETF Alternatives
PetSmart Inc provides specialty products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets in North America. It offers products for all the life stages of pets, professional grooming, training, day camp for dogs and boarding.
Other News & PR