Thu, Jan. 29, 4:19 PM
- Q4 operating earnings of $324M or $1.09 per share vs. $286M and $0.96 one year ago. Quarterly dividend is boosted by 6% to $0.36 per share.
- Retirement and investor Services - Guaranteed operating earnings of $26.9M up 4% Y/Y. Principal Global Investors operating earnings of $36.4M up 21%. Principal International operating earnings of $62.9M up 2%.
- Individual Life operating earnings of $27.6M down 15%, mostly thanks to favorable claims in the year-ago quarter. Premium and fees of $234.3M up 4%.
- Specialty Benefits operating earnings of $28M up 3%, with premium and fees of $406.3M up 6%.
- Conference call tomorrow at 10 ET
- Previously: Principal Financial Group beats by $0.05, beats on revenue (Jan. 29)
- PFG +1.5% after hours
Apr. 25, 2014, 10:47 AM
- One stock working today is Principal Financial Group (PFG +3.8%) after reporting a 34% increase in operating earnings on 12% higher revenue in the first quarter, and boosting the quarterly dividend by 14% to $0.32 per share. Alongside the increased dividend is an authorization for up to $200M of buybacks - about 1.4% of the float at current prices.
- Other earnings highlights include a 90 basis point increase in the ROE to 13% and $72M of buybacks in Q1. Book value per share, excluding AOCI of $30.81 is up 6% from 2013's end.
- CFO Terry Lillis: "Our capital deployment strategy continues to be a clear differentiator and a priority as we further increase shareholder value."
- Previously: Principal Financial Group, Inc. beats by $0.14, beats on revenue
- Previously: Principal Financial Group Inc declares $0.32 dividend
Feb. 28, 2014, 12:38 PM
- "After conducting a deeper dive, we are now more confident in discounting the upside from future ROE improvement and more comfortable assuming the downside from emerging markets risk," says analyst Jeff Schuman, upping Principal Financial Group (PFG +3.1%) to Outperform with $56 price target. "We are increasing estimates and raising our price target to $56 from $54, which implies 29% total return, including dividends.”
Jul. 18, 2013, 11:59 AMThe insurance sector (KIE +0.9%), (IAK +0.7%) is boosted at Deutsche Bank thanks to higher interest rates. Lincoln National (LNC +3.1%) is upped to Buy with price target hiked to $45 from $36. Price targets are also raised for already Buy-rated MetLife (MET +1.6%) and Principal Financial (PFG +0.9%), and for Hold-rated Aflac (AFL +0.5%) and Unum (UNM +1.1%). Lincoln is particularly attractive for its interest sensitivity, lower international exposure and reliance on fixed-income AUM fees. | Jul. 18, 2013, 11:59 AM | Comment!
Feb. 23, 2012, 10:59 AMShares of Principal Financial Group (PFG +3.7%) are boosted by positive analyst reports from Sterne Agee, which raises its rating to Buy from Neutral and price target to $35 from $31 on relative valuation and long-term earnings growth, and Macquarie, which initiates coverage at Outperform. Sterne also cuts its rating on peer Assurant (AIZ -0.3%). | Feb. 23, 2012, 10:59 AM | Comment!
PFG vs. ETF Alternatives
Principal Financial Group offers retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management services. It provides financial products and services through the financial services companies to businesses, individuals, and institutional clients.
Other News & PR