- P&G has been disparaged as a high-priced bond substitute, implying that capital appreciation is unlikely.
- An analysis based on historical PE5 (five year average earnings) suggests the company is fairly priced.
- The company has ample resources with which to drive growth, in the form of advertising spend and R&D budget.
- Expense reduction and supply chain consolidation have been ongoing, and much of it paid from current expenses.
- Current plans to divest non-core brands and focus on key products will result in a leaner, stronger and faster growing company.