There are no Transcripts on PGPEF.
Jul. 29, 2013, 2:26 AM
- With about 22% of global ad spending digital and growing, the deal is aimed regaining some of the power back from Silicon Valley giants such as Google (GOOG) and Facebook (FB).
- Omnicom (OMC) and Publicis (PGPEF.PK) hope to be able to use their scale to optimize the use of data-driven analysis and the automated trading of ad space.
- Deal will need antitrust clearance in around 45 countries, but Omnicom CEO John Wren is confident the companies will receive it.
- WPP (WPPGY) CEO Martin Sorrel: "It's an extremely bold, brave and surprising move," he says. "Further consolidation of our industry is inevitable." (previous)
- Havas (HAVSF.PK) CEO David Jones: "The deal is "an industrial merger in the digital age," he says. "Clients today want us to be faster, more agile, more nimble and more entrepreneurial — not bigger and more bureaucratic and more complex."
Jul. 29, 2013, 2:00 AM
- Omnicom Group (OMC) and Publicis Groupe (PGPEF.PK) have confirmed that they have agreed to a 50:50 merger.
- Deal will create the world's largest advertising firm with a stock market value of $35.1B and which had combined 2012 revenues of $22.7B, well above WPP's (WPPGY) $16B.
- The new firm will also have over 130,000 workers.
- Omnicom's John Wren, based in New York, and Publicis' Maurice Levy, based in Paris, will be co-CEOs for 30 months, after which Wren will become sole CEO and Levy will become nonexecutive Chairman.
- Clients include Omnicom's AT&T, Visa and Pepsi, and Publicis' McDonald’s, Coca-Cola and Walmart . (PR)
Aug. 5, 2012, 5:15 AMPublicis is not in talks about buying U.S. rival Interpublic (IPG), nor has it "commissioned any bank to undertake any such discussions," the French advertising agency says. Publicis was responding to an FT report from Friday that it's considering a $6B+ bid for Interpublic, speculation that helped the latter's shares close 13.3% higher. | Comment!
PGPEF vs. ETF Alternatives
Publicis Groupe and its subsidiaries are engaged in the advertising and communications businesses. Co. provides advertising and media consulting services to corporations around the world. Co. also has specialized agencies organized as networks consisting of the following: Publicis Consultants,... More
Other News & PR