Sep. 17, 2014, 5:37 PM
Sep. 17, 2014, 4:21 PM
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) reports comparable-store sales rose 4.5% in FQ2.
- Gross profit rate -190 bps to 38.9% due to a higher mix of e-commerce and increased promotional activity.
- SG&A expense ratio +120 bps to 32.2%.
- Inventory +15.5% to $514M.
- PIR -9.9% AH.
Sep. 17, 2014, 4:10 PM
Sep. 16, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jul. 15, 2014, 8:41 AM
- A decline in sales at furniture stores and home furnishing outlets (PIR, BBBY, LZB, ETH, RH, HVT, KIRK, WSM) dragged down retail sales during the month of June.
- The building material and garden equipment category (HD, LOW) was also weak.
- Perhaps a surprise, but sales at clothing stores outpaced other businesses during the month.
Jul. 9, 2014, 9:09 AM
- Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY), Pier 1 Imports (PIR), and Williams-Sonoma (WSM) are on watch after The Container Store (TCS) CEO Kip Tindell paints an ugly picture for specialty retail.
- Tindell on retail: "...consumers seem to be buying homes and automobiles and even high ticket furniture which has kind of been in the doldrums since the great recession. But most segments of retail are a little like us, seeing more challenging sales certainly than we had hoped for early in 2014."
- The Container Store earnings call transcript
- TCS -16.1% premarket
Jun. 20, 2014, 3:35 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 9:11 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 8:15 AM
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) sees FY15 EPS falling in a range of $1.14-$1.22 vs. $1.16-$1.24 prior and $1.21 consensus.
- The guidance cut is due in part to pricing pressure with consumers still focused on bargains.
- E-commerce revenue is expected to top $200M this year.
- Previous: FQ1 earnings, details
- PIR -9.1% premarket
Jun. 19, 2014, 7:03 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 6:02 AM
Jun. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 9:34 AM
- ICSC forecasts comparable-store sales for retail chains will increase by 3.5% Y/Y in June.
- The pace is slightly less than the snap-back from a slow Q1 that some analysts forecast.
- The read on June from the research firm is that wholesale clubs (WMT, COST, PSMT) and furniture stores (PIR, BBBY, LZB, ETH, RH, HVT, KIRK, WSM) showed "outstanding strength" for the first full week of the month.
- Related ETFs: IYK, UGE, SZK
Apr. 10, 2014, 7:12 AM
Apr. 10, 2014, 6:23 AM
PIR vs. ETF Alternatives
Pier 1 Imports Inc is a specialty retailer of imported decorative home furnishings and gifts in the North America. It conducts business as one operating segment and operates stores in the United States and Canada under the name Pier 1 Imports.
Other News & PR