Jun. 19, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 9:11 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 8:15 AM
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) sees FY15 EPS falling in a range of $1.14-$1.22 vs. $1.16-$1.24 prior and $1.21 consensus.
- The guidance cut is due in part to pricing pressure with consumers still focused on bargains.
- E-commerce revenue is expected to top $200M this year.
- Previous: FQ1 earnings, details
- PIR -9.1% premarket
Jun. 19, 2014, 7:03 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 6:02 AM
Jun. 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 9:34 AM
- ICSC forecasts comparable-store sales for retail chains will increase by 3.5% Y/Y in June.
- The pace is slightly less than the snap-back from a slow Q1 that some analysts forecast.
- The read on June from the research firm is that wholesale clubs (WMT, COST, PSMT) and furniture stores (PIR, BBBY, LZB, ETH, RH, HVT, KIRK, WSM) showed "outstanding strength" for the first full week of the month.
- Related ETFs: IYK, UGE, SZK
Apr. 10, 2014, 7:12 AM
Apr. 10, 2014, 6:23 AM
Apr. 10, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 3, 2014, 3:37 PM
Mar. 5, 2014, 9:06 AM
- A recent poll by the Wall Street Journal and NBC indicates 63% of American support raising the minimum wage.
- Though the Republicans are expected to challenge anything brought to the floor of the House, there's a growing consensus in DC that some minimum wage legislation will eventually pass.
- Democrats argue that the current minimum wage level of $7.25 per hour is low by historical standards when adjusted for inflation.
- Related stocks: CAKE, CBRL, CMG, DNKN, DPZ, DRI, EAT, JACK, MCD, PNRA, RRGB, RT, SBUX, SONC, WEN, BWLD, THI, BDL, NATH, CEC, LUB, BKW, CHUY, BLMN, PZZA, TXRH, DENN, KKD, BBRG, DFRG, BOBE, RUTH, IRG, DIN, AEO, ANF, ARO, BBBY, BJ, CHS, COST, DG, DLTR, GPS, HD, JCP, JWN, KR, KSS, LOW, LB, NDN, ODP, PIR, PLCE, RSH, SPLS, SWY, TGT, TJX, URBN, WMT
Feb. 28, 2014, 7:26 AM
Feb. 26, 2014, 2:44 PM
- Three Senate Democrats have broken away from Majority Leader Harry Reid's $10.10/hour line in the sand on minimum wage legislation.
- Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Mark Pryor of Arkansas, and Mark Warner of Virginia have all tipped off that they think there could be some room to negotiate over the amount of an increase over the current federal minimum wage of $7.25/hour. The GOP likes the status quo, but is viewed as likely to give some ground in an election year.
- Federal minimum wage legislation could create higher costs in the retail and restaurants sectors as companies adjust to the new higher floor.
- Last week, Gap made a preemptive move to raise its own hourly wage in a development that stirred the pot a little bit.
- Related stocks: CAKE, CBRL, CMG, DNKN, DPZ, DRI, EAT, JACK, MCD, PNRA, RRGB, RT, SBUX, SONC, WEN, BWLD, THI, BDL, NATH, CEC, LUB, BKW, CHUY, BLMN, PZZA, TXRH, DENN, KKD, BBRG, DFRG, BOBE, RUTH, IRG, DIN, AEO, ANF, ARO, BBBY, BJ, CHS, COST, DG, DLTR, GPS, HD, JCP, JWN, KR, KSS, LOW, LB, NDN, ODP, PIR, PLCE, RSH, SPLS, SWY, TGT, TJX, URBN, WMT.
Feb. 25, 2014, 10:41 AM
- ICSC reports retail sales fell off last week despite warmer temperatures across the U.S.
- Though traffic was on the light side, a few categories showed improvement. Sales at wholesale clubs (COST, PSMT) and furniture stores (PIR, BBBY, LZB, RH, ETH, HVT) continued to show more resiliency in 2014 to weather than broad retail.
- ICSC forecasts February comp sales will improve 3%-3.5% Y/Y.
PIR vs. ETF Alternatives
Pier 1 Imports Inc is a specialty retailer of imported decorative home furnishings and gifts in the North America. It conducts business as one operating segment and operates stores in the United States and Canada under the name Pier 1 Imports.
Other News & PR