From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Nov 10, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Mar 9, 2011)
There are no Focus articles on PMF.
There are no Transcripts on PMF.
Fri, Mar. 21, 11:30 AM
- "When times get tough, on Wall Street or in Newport Beach, Calif., the tough turn on each other," writes David Weidner, not seeing anything too unusual in the Pimco saga. These sorts of ugly partings happen all the time amid the massive egos on Wall Street. Consider Citigroup with Sandy Weil and Jamie Dimon, Morgan Stanley with Phil Purcell and John Mack, and Bear Stearns with Jimmy Cayne and Warren Spector.
- "In every case, the splits occurred under tremendous pressure. Much like a marriage headed for divorce, long simmering incompatibilities, jealousies and flaws rose to the surface ... When push comes to shove, it is always better to be king. No. 2’s instinctively need to watch their backs. You want normal? That is normal."
- Allianz (AZSEY)
- Pimco CEFs: PTY, PDI, PMF, PGP, PKO, PFL, PFN, PCN, PCM, PHK, RCS, PMF, PML
- Previous: Gross becoming "increasingly illogical and irrational."
Thu, Mar. 20, 4:42 PM
- It turns out it was three, not two lined up to be deputy CIOs to Bill Gross amid the departure of Mohamed El-Erian. One - Marc Seidner - resigned in January just hours before he was to be publicly announced in his new position. Seidner - who followed El-Erian to Pimco in 2009 - reportedly had found working there increasingly difficult over the last 18 months, with Gross becoming "increasingly illogical and irrational."
- In other news Pimco has lost a $1.3B bond fund mandate to TCW.
- Pimco's parent: Allianz (AZSEY)
- Among Pimco's closed-end offerings are: PTY, PDI, PMF, PGP, PKO, PFL, PFN, PCN, PCM, PHK, RCS, PMF, PML. There's also the ETF version of Bill Gross' Total Return Fund: BOND.
Wed, Mar. 19, 12:22 PM
- “There is a heightened level of uncertainty in the post El-Erian era surrounding the questions of whether Pimco’s latest senior staffing transitions will prove beneficial to investors [and] whether recent and future senior-level departures indicate a persistent side effect of the firm’s pressure-cooker culture," says analyst Eric Jacobsen cutting Pimco's "stewardship" rating to C from B and the "parent pillar score" - which examines manager turnover, investment culture, and fee levels - to Neutral from Positive.
- It's not automatic, but look for the big-picture rating changes to quickly filter through to the ratings of individual Pimco funds, says Morningstar.
- Among Pimco's closed-end offerings are PTY, PDI, PMF, PGP, PKO, PFL, PFN, PCN, PCM, PHK, RCS, PMF, PML. There's also the ETF version of Bill Gross' Total Return Fund: BOND.
- Pimco parent Allianz SE (AZSEY -2%)
PMF vs. ETF Alternatives
Primary investments (at least 90%) are municipal fixed-income securities, the interest from which is exempt from federal income tax. At least 80% of the bonds are investment grade. The Fund will seek to avoid bonds generating interest potentially subjectin
Other News & PR