Yesterday, 8:28 AM
- Pentair plc (NYSE:PNR) and Urban Organics have announced a new collaboration to accelerate the development of commercial scale modern aquaponics.
- The two companies' venture will initially establish and operate an 87K sq. ft. indoor aquaponics facility in St. Paul, which will be one of the largest in the world.
- The building will have the potential to annually produce 275K lbs. of fresh fish and 400K lbs. of organically grown produce.
Mon, Aug. 17, 7:23 AM
- Pentair (NYSE:PNR) has agreed to acquire ERICO Global for $1.8B in cash (including debt), valuing the company at 12x 2015 forecasted EBITDA.
- The transaction is expected to add greater than $0.40 to 2016 adjusted earnings per share and will be funded through a combination of cash and investment grade financing.
Tue, Jul. 21, 8:38 AM
- Net income from continuing operations of $196.3M, or $0.96 per diluted share vs. $222.7M, or $1.02 per share, in the second quarter of 2014.
- Sales by segment: Valves & Controls -21%; Flow & Filtration Solutions -12%; Water Quality Systems +3%; Technical Solutions flat.
- Free cash flow of $310M during the quarter. The company still expects to deliver full year free cash flow greater than 120% of net income.
- Q3 guidance: Adjusted EPS of $0.94-$0.97, on sales of $1.6B.
- Full year guidance: Updated adjusted EPS to a range of $3.80-$3.90 (previously $3.80), on sales of $6.4B (previously $6.5B).
- Q2 results
Tue, Jul. 21, 8:11 AM
Mon, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jun. 30, 9:19 AM
Tue, Jun. 30, 7:32 AM
- Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management has built a stake of 7.24% in Pentair (NYSE:PNR) and asked the company to consider acquiring rivals to consolidate the fragmented market for specialized parts, WSJ reports.
- The firm has been in talks with Pentair Chairman and Chief Executive Randall Hogan for more than a month, and they broadly agree about the company’s future potential.
- PNR +5.5% premarket
Tue, Jun. 9, 8:55 PM
- GE's $12B deal to sell its U.S. private-equity lending business to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is just the beginning of its plan to shed ~$200B of GE Capital assets - and a whole lot of cash to spend on takeovers.
- Although GE may not make a move right away as it tries to complete the $14B purchase of most of Alstom’s energy business, Bloomberg figures it could amass a $40B war chest for takeovers.
- Among speculated targets: Pentair (NYSE:PNR), a provider of water pumps and filtration systems; Flowserve (NYSE:FLS), a maker of industrial pumps and valves; electrical components manufacturer Hubbell (HUB.A, HUB.B); life sciences equipment maker Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO); and some of the assets Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) and Baker Hughes (NYSE:BHI) will divest as part of their merger.
- Whatever the target, acquisitions likely will be part of GE’s transformation after asset sales and returning capital to shareholders.
Tue, Apr. 21, 10:18 AM
- Net income from continuing operations of $118.2M, or $0.65 per diluted share vs. $125.5M, or $0.63 per share, in the first quarter of 2014.
- Free cash flow of $159M during the quarter. Pentair (PNR -2.4%) expects to deliver full year free cash flow greater than 120% of net income.
- Revenue by segment: Valves & Controls -19%; Flow & Filtration Solutions -13%; Water Quality Systems +1%; Technical Solutions -5%.
- The company lowered its full year 2015 adjusted EPS guidance to approximately $3.80, on sales of $6.5B, from a range of $4.10-$4.25, on sales of $6.9B.
- "We started the year much slower than we originally anticipated as a decline in oil prices and the strengthening dollar led customers to delay business," said CEO Randall Hogan.
- Q1 results
Tue, Apr. 21, 8:02 AM
Mon, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
Tue, Apr. 7, 6:27 PM
- Pentair (NYSE:PNR) -4.6% AH after cutting guidance for its Q1 earnings and revenue, citing a stronger dollar, slower than expected oil and gas shipments and a reduction in global capital spending.
- PNR says it now expects Q1 EPS from continuing operations of $0.65, below its previous EPS outlook of $0.75-$0.77 and $0.77 analyst consensus outlook; it sees Q1 revenue of $1.48B vs. its previous forecast of $1.6B and $1.59B consensus.
- "The year has started even slower than we anticipated," CEO Randall Hogan says, adding that PNR will take unspecified cost actions during Q2 as it expects "continued economic uncertainty and currency volatility for the foreseeable future."
Tue, Apr. 7, 5:36 PM
Fri, Feb. 13, 6:34 AM
- Firm cuts Pentair (NYSE:PNR) to Neutral from Overweight.
- Cuts price target to $64 from $68. Implied downside 2.7%.
- PNR is -11% since reporting Q4 earnings on Feb. 3.
- Previously: Pentair beats by $0.03, misses on revenue (Feb. 3)
- Previously: More on Pentair's Q4 (Feb. 3)
- Related: Pentair - A Good Stock To Hold For Big Profits (Feb. 4)
- Related: Pentair's CEO Randy Hogan on Q4 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript (Feb. 3)
Tue, Feb. 3, 9:12 AM
- Net income from continuing operations of $196.6M, or $1.06 per diluted share, up 23% from adjusted EPS of $0.86 in the fourth quarter of last year.
- Free cash flow of $289M for the quarter and $889M for the full year; which represented greater than 120% conversion of adjusted net income for the full year.
- Revenue by segment: Valves & Controls -6%; Process Technologies +2%; Flow Technologies -6%; Technical Solutions +3%.
- The company updated its full year 2015 EPS outlook to a range of $4.10-$4.25 from a range of $4.20-$4.35 and anticipates full year 2015 sales of $6.9B. First quarter 2015 EPS is expected to be $0.75-$0.77 on revenues of $1.6B.
- Q4 results
- PNR +0.3% premarket
Tue, Feb. 3, 7:12 AM
PNR vs. ETF Alternatives
Pentair PLC is a diversified industrial manufacturing company. The Company delivers industry products, services and solutions to its customers' diverse needs in water and other fluids, thermal management and equipment protection.
Other News & PR