Tue, Jun. 30, 9:19 AM
Tue, Jun. 30, 7:32 AM
- Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management has built a stake of 7.24% in Pentair (NYSE:PNR) and asked the company to consider acquiring rivals to consolidate the fragmented market for specialized parts, WSJ reports.
- The firm has been in talks with Pentair Chairman and Chief Executive Randall Hogan for more than a month, and they broadly agree about the company’s future potential.
- PNR +5.5% premarket
Tue, Apr. 7, 6:27 PM
- Pentair (NYSE:PNR) -4.6% AH after cutting guidance for its Q1 earnings and revenue, citing a stronger dollar, slower than expected oil and gas shipments and a reduction in global capital spending.
- PNR says it now expects Q1 EPS from continuing operations of $0.65, below its previous EPS outlook of $0.75-$0.77 and $0.77 analyst consensus outlook; it sees Q1 revenue of $1.48B vs. its previous forecast of $1.6B and $1.59B consensus.
- "The year has started even slower than we anticipated," CEO Randall Hogan says, adding that PNR will take unspecified cost actions during Q2 as it expects "continued economic uncertainty and currency volatility for the foreseeable future."
Tue, Apr. 7, 5:36 PM
Dec. 17, 2014, 7:35 AM
- Pentair (NYSE:PNR) expects adjusted EPS of $4.20-$4.35 for FY2015 on sales of $7.2B, and expects to generate greater than $925M in free cash flow or greater than 115% of net income in 2015.
- The company also reaffirmed its Q4 adjusted EPS of $1.02-$1.04 and FY2014 sales and earnings outlook.
- PNR -0.9% premarket
Jun. 13, 2013, 4:09 PMPentair (PNR) closes out a strong session up 2.36% after comments from analyst Brian Drab who is impressed with a number of things he heard out of management at William Blair & Company's growth conference including the reaffirmation of FY13-15 guidance, the outlook for growth in U.S. residential markets across segments, and the prospects for cost savings via the implementation of lean principles. | Jun. 13, 2013, 4:09 PM | 6 Comments
Oct. 1, 2012, 4:55 PMPentair (PNR) says its board has authorized an additional $800M stock buyback , to expire on December 31, 2015. The authorization is in addition to the $400M repurchase program announced on September 28, giving the company an aggregate amount of $1.2B which is consistent with its March, 2012 merger announcement. Share -4.4% AH. | Oct. 1, 2012, 4:55 PM | 1 Comment
Sep. 24, 2012, 5:40 PMADT (about to be spun off from Tyco) and Pentair (PNR) will replace Lexmark (LXK) and DeVry (DV) in the S&P 500 as of Sep. 28's close. Lexmark and DeVry will be moved over to the S&P MidCap 400, and RadioShack (RSH) and Pentair kicked out to make room. PNR +1.6% AH. LXK -1.2%. DV -2.6%. RSH -2.6%. | Sep. 24, 2012, 5:40 PM | Comment!
Mar. 29, 2012, 2:33 PM
Feb. 21, 2012, 11:31 AMCitigroup makes some changes to its Top Picks list, adding Pentair (PNR +1%) on valuation and cutting General Electric (GE +1%) as the firm's top pick in the Multi-Industry Sector. Citigroup cites Pentair's strong residential exposure, saying the stock is better positioned for the risk-on trade over the near-term. | Feb. 21, 2012, 11:31 AM | Comment!
Jan. 31, 2012, 1:19 PMWater treatment and storage manufacturer Pentair (PNR -1%) dips after its Q4 swings to a loss on a $200M goodwill write-down. Revenue at its water segment actually grew on a 15% Y/Y jump in net sales, boosted by its recent acquisition of Clean Process Technologies, but the company warns of higher costs and softer-than-expected sales weakening its bottom line in future quarters. | Jan. 31, 2012, 1:19 PM | Comment!
PNR vs. ETF Alternatives
Pentair PLC is a diversified industrial manufacturing company. The Company delivers industry products, services and solutions to its customers' diverse needs in water and other fluids, thermal management and equipment protection.
Other News & PR