There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Fri, Sep. 5, 4:32 PM| Comment!
Fri, Sep. 5, 9:46 AM
Tue, Sep. 2, 9:59 AM
- Dominion Resources (D +0.6%), Duke Energy (DUK -0.1%), Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY +0.4%) and AGL Resources (GAS -0.1%) say they plan to form a joint venture to build the proposed Atlantic Coast Pipeline, which would funnel natural gas from West Virginia to North Carolina.
- The $4.5B-$5B, 550-mile natural gas pipeline would deliver natural gas supplies to markets in Virginia and North Carolina, and is expected to be in service by late 2018.
- Dominion would build and operate the Atlantic Coast Pipeline on behalf of the venture, and would own a 45% stake; DUK would hold 40%, PNY would have a 10% stake, and GAS would own 5%.
- Subsidiaries and affiliates of all four JV partners plan to be customers of the pipeline under 20-year contracts, while PSNC Energy also plans to be a customer under a 20-year contract.
Fri, Jun. 6, 11:27 AM| Comment!
Fri, Jun. 6, 8:25 AM| Comment!
Tue, Apr. 1, 8:49 AM
- Duke Energy (DUK) and Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY) jointly issue a solicitation for proposals to build and operate a second major wholesale natural gas pipeline in North Carolina to meet growing demand in the Carolinas.
- DUK and PNY seek an initial natural gas pipeline capacity of as much as 900M cf/day, with a target in-service date of late 2018; the companies expect to select a proposal by late 2014.
Thu, Mar. 6, 5:16 PM| Comment!
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:05 AM
Dec. 22, 2013, 5:30 PM
Dec. 12, 2013, 1:37 PM| 1 Comment
Nov. 22, 2013, 7:58 AM
- Williams Partners (WPZ) receives federal approval to expand Transco, the largest U.S. natural gas pipeline system, to serve Dominion Resources' (D) new 1,358 MW gas power plant in Virginia and help replace generating capacity from retiring coal-fired plants.
- Of the total expanded capacity, more than 90% will serve Dominion Virginia Power's new power plant, and the rest will serve Piedmont Natural Gas' (PNY) local distribution business in North Carolina.
- The $300M expansion is part of $2.2B of Transco growth projects WPZ plans to bring into service by 2017.
Sep. 6, 2013, 11:58 AM
- Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY +0.7%) says it's made an additional $22.5M cash investment into SouthStar Energy Services, a joint venture with AGL Resources (GAS), to maintain a 15% stake.
- AGL will contribute unregulated retail natural gas customer accounts and related assets it acquired from Nicor in December, 2011 and the unregulated retail natural gas customer accounts it acquired in a separate transaction in June 2013, both in Illinois.
- The investments will expand SouthStar's customer base by approximately 108,000 customers.
Sep. 5, 2013, 4:43 PM| Comment!
Sep. 5, 2013, 11:28 AM| Comment!
Jun. 14, 2013, 11:35 AMConstitution Pipeline Company, jointly owned by Williams Partners (WPZ), Cabot Oil & Gas (COG), Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY) and WGP Holdings (WGL) announce plans to construct a 122-mile pipeline connecting natural gas production in Pennsylvania with northeastern markets by spring 2015. The project is estimated to cost ~$683M. | Comment!
Jun. 10, 2013, 6:13 AM
PNY vs. ETF Alternatives
Piedmont Natural Gas Co is an energy services company whose principal business is distribution of natural gas to residential, commercial, industrial & power generation clients in portions of North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Other News & PR