Sep. 2, 2014, 4:07 PM
Sep. 1, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 18, 2014, 10:32 AM
- Drybulk shipping rates continue to move higher, adding to last week's run as iron ore shipments out of Brazil and Australia pick up.
- On Friday, drybulk rates as measured by the Baltic Dry Index rose 7.7%, capping a 31% gain for the week driven by strength across the board but mainly in Capesize and Panamax rates.
- After beginning its ascent on July 23, the BDI has jumped 40%, rising in every session except one.
- Last week, Capesize rates surged 65% to $15,561/day, Panamax rates climbed 29% to $6,397/day, and Supramax rates added 9% to $9,170/day.
- Related drybulk stocks include: DRYS +2%, PRGN +4.1%, DSX +1%, FREE +8.2%, EGLE -2%, NM +2.5%, NMM +0.7%, SBLK +1.1%, SB +1.7%, BALT +2.5%, SHIP -2.1%, DCIX +2.2%.
Aug. 14, 2014, 10:53 AM
- Drybulk shipping rates, as measured by the Baltic Dry Index, surged 8.2% overnight, driven by strength across the board but mainly in capesize and panamax rates.
- Capesize rates jumped 15.7% to $13,677/day, Panamax rates climbed 9.7% to $5,883/day, and Supramax rates rose 1.9% to $9,004/day.
- Related drybulk stocks include: DRYS +2.6%, PRGN +5.8%, DSX +3.9%, FREE +7.9%, EGLE +2.2%, NM +5.6%, NMM +1%, SBLK +6.2%, SB +5.7%, BALT +3.8%, SHIP +0.7%, DCIX flat.
May 19, 2014, 4:23 PM
Apr. 21, 2014, 12:23 PM
- Genco Shipping (GNK) has filed for bankruptcy, Bloomberg reports, as weakness in charter rates for its dry-bulk cargo ships made it difficult for the company to pay its creditors; shares have been halted since the open.
- GNK reportedly listed assets of $2.4B and debt of $1.5B in a Chapter 11 filing.
- Other shippers on the radar: DRYS, PRGN, DSX, FREE, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, ESEA, DCIX, TEU, DAC, SHIP, SSW, GSL.
Mar. 20, 2014, 11:13 AM
- Drybulk shipping rates are up big during past five weeks and rose again overnight.
- The Baltic Dry Index rose 3.2% overnight and has surged 49% since Feb. 12; the BDI has gained in 24 of the last 26 sessions, led by a 211% rise in capesize rates.
- Capesize rates climbed 6.9% (or $1,664/day) overnight to $25,659/day, while panamax rates rose $4/day to $9,019/day and supramax rates added 0.4% ($48/day) to $12,598/day.
- Related drybulk equities include DRYS, GNK, PRGN, DSX, FREE, ULTR, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, SHIP, DCIX.
Mar. 13, 2014, 4:57 PM
Mar. 4, 2014, 11:11 AM
- Select shipping stocks are showing strength today with developments in the Ukraine just a small part of the story.
- Issues of demand and shipping rates in the industry have been in focus, while the reactions of shorts is still an underlying factor.
- Advancers: Eagle Bulk Shippers (EGLE) +9.5%, Diana Shipping (DSX) +3.5%, FreeSeas (FREE) +3.4%, Navios Maritime Holdings (NM) +3.6%, Euroseas (ESEA) +4.6%, Baltic Trading (BALT) +3.8%, Paragon Shipping (PRGN) +2.2%.
- The Baltic Dry Index is up 1.5% on the day.
Feb. 12, 2014, 12:46 PM
Feb. 12, 2014, 9:10 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 6:13 PM| Feb. 11, 2014, 6:13 PM | 1 Comment
Jan. 23, 2014, 9:41 AM
- Shipping rates fell again overnight, and the Baltic Dry Index is now -44% YTD.
- Overnight, capesize shipping rates declined 19.6% (or -$1,4620 to $11,128/day), panamax rates slipped 4% (or -$219) to $11,710/day, while supramax rates fell 1.8% (or -$94) to $11,721/day.
- YTD, capesize rates -71.5%, panamax rates -20%, supramax rates -23%.
- On watch: DRYS, GNK, PRGN, DSX, FREE, ULTR, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, ESEA, DCIX, TEU, DAC, SHIP, SSW, GSL.
Jan. 15, 2014, 10:35 AM
- Shippers are on the move after dry bulk shipping rates finally show their first gain of the year.
- The Baltic Dry Index shows a four-point increase due to gains in capesize rates, which rose $280 to $13,168/day, while panamax rates fell $54 to $12,534 and supramax rates fell $65 to $12,364/day.
- Before today's gains, the BDI had plunged 40% YTD in its worst start of the year in 30 years.
- FREE +7.4%, EGLE +7.3%, GNK +5.5%, SB +4.3%, DRYS +4.1%, NM +3.4%, SBLK +2.8%, SHIP +2.5%, ESEA +2.3%, PRGN +2.1%, DCIX +2%, GSL +1.9%, NMM +1.3%, DSX +1.3%, DAC +1.1%, KEX +0.8%, ULTR +0.3%, BALT -1%, SINO -0.8%.
Jan. 10, 2014, 9:46 AM
- Capesize dry bulk shipping rates have declined in every session so far in 2014 and were slammed overnight, tanking 27.5% (or -$6,606) to $17,452/day.
- The overall Baltic Dry Index dropped 11% to 1,512; panamax rates fell 1.5% to $12,921/day, and supramax rates rose 0.2% to $12,448/day.
- In early trade: SBLK -2.9%, DRYS -5.1%, DSX -2.5%, GNK -5%, NM -4.3%, PRGN -3.6%, NMM -1.2%, SB -5.4%, EGLE -2.3%, BALT -3.1%.
Dec. 26, 2013, 10:42 AM
PRGN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR