Thu, Feb. 5, 7:33 AM
Apr. 21, 2014, 5:45 PM
Jan. 7, 2014, 9:58 AM
- BofA upgrades Perrigo (PRGO +1.2%) to Buy from Neutral. RBC starts the shares as a Top Pick, with a $187 price target.
- BofA upgrades Becton Dickinson (BDX +0.8%) to Neutral from Underperform.
- RBC upgrades Johnson & Johnson (JNJ +1.6%) to Outperform from Sector Perform. Price target is $104.
- Citi upgrades Varian Medical (VAR +1.6%) to Neutral from Sell.
- Roth starts ANI Pharma (ANIP +9.5%) at Buy. Price target is $27.
- RBC starts Teva (TEVA +0.1%) at Sector Perform. Price target is $39.
- RBC starts AcelRx (ACRX +2.5%) at Outperform. Price target is $15.
- RBC starts Mylan (MYL +2.3%) at Outperform. Price target is $50.
- RBC starts Allergan (AGN +1.3%) at Outperform. Price target is $131.
- RBC starts Impax Labs (IPXL +0.2%) at Sector Perform. Price target is $25.
Oct. 31, 2013, 8:35 AM
- Perrigo (PRGO) rises 2.6% premarket as the company easily beats Street estimates for FQ1.
- Revenue growth by segment: Consumer Healthcare, +19.5% (Sergeant's and Velcera acquisitions, existing product sales +$40M); Nutritionals, +24.8%; Rx Pharmaceuticals, +25% (Rosemont and Fera acquisitions); API, +18.5%.
- Full year guidance (excluding Elan): EPS of $6.35-6.60.
- Elan acquisition expected to be $0.10 accretive in FY14 and $0.70-0.80 accretive in FY15. (PR)
Sep. 10, 2013, 2:31 PM
- Perrigo (PRGO +0.3%) says it's landed final approval from the FDA for its abbreviated new drug application for a bubble gum-flavored cetirizine hydrochloride oral solution, the generic version of Children's Zyrtec Allergy Syrup.
- The company plans to begin shipments during the next cough, cold and flu season.
Aug. 15, 2013, 8:44 AM
- Shares of Perrigo (PRGO) slip 3.5% premarket after FQ4 revenue comes in well light of consensus, despite rising 16% Y/Y.
- Consumer healthcare segment results: The acquisitions of Sergeant's Pet Care Products and Velcera add $67M to FQ4 revenue while sales of existing contract and smoking cessation products rise $37M. Sales of existing gastrointestinal and analgesics products fall $34M for the period.
- Adjusted gross margin in the consumer healthcare segment rises 410 bps for the quarter.
- Rx Pharmaceuticals segment results: Net sales rise 24% to $195M helped to the tune of $16M by the acquisitions of Rosemont and the product portfolio from Fera. Prescription volumes look strong (existing product sales up $10M).
- Guidance for PRGO (not including any impact from Elan acquisition): FY13 EPS of $5.51-5.76.
- Elan is expected to add $0.10 to FY14 results and $0.70-0.80 to the bottom line in 2015. (PR)
Aug. 5, 2013, 1:00 PM
- Perrigo's (PRGO) recent deal for Elan has investors all jazzed up about Irish-domiciled healthcare companies.
- The allure of a 12.5% corporate tax rate could mean more M&A activity in the not-so-distant future for "anything with an Irish corporate tax structure," one analyst tells Bloomberg.
- Some of the names being tossed about: Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ +3.2%) and Alkermes (ALKS +3.8%).
May. 7, 2013, 11:39 AMPerrigo (PRGO -3.7%) takes a hit this morning after its FQ3 result misses across the board. Net earnings fell 3.3% Y/Y, as the pharmaceutical supplier was hit by higher input costs and a big jump in tax expenses, which masked a 19% increase in net sales. All product categories within the segment grew from the year earlier, with sales in the nutritionals business in particular rising 13% to $133.3M. Gross margin also edged up to 36% from 35.9%, despite total operating expenses widening by 15%. | Comment!
Feb. 25, 2013, 3:32 PMPerrigo Company (PRGO +1.8%) trades higher after UBS upped the shares to Buy earlier today on valuation. The firm cites optimism over its generic testosterone gel 1%, which is a generic version of AbbVie's (ABBV -2%) AndroGel 1%, a treatment for adult males who have low or no testosterone. | Comment!
Feb. 5, 2013, 2:29 PM
Feb. 1, 2013, 11:08 AMPerrigo (PRGO +5.3%) trades higher after its FQ2 results easily beat estimates this morning. Net earnings rose 6.2% Y/Y as the store-brand pharmaceutical and nutritional-products maker recorded strong revenue growth from its consumer health-care business, although margins narrowed on higher costs. The company also says it's bought pet-health company Velcera for $160M in an all-cash deal it's billed as a "natural extension" to its Sergeant's pet care product line. | Comment!
Feb. 1, 2013, 9:10 AM
Nov. 7, 2012, 7:58 AM
Sep. 6, 2012, 1:36 PMPerrigo (PRGO +1.6%) files an Abbreviated New Drug Application with the FDA for albuterol sulfate HFA inhalation aerosol, a generic version of Teva Pharmaceutical's (TEVA +1%) ProAir HFA. The filing involves contributions from both PRGO and Catalent Pharma Solutions, who partnered on the development. TEVA claims the application violates its patent on the drug, and yesterday it filed suit against both companies in U.S. District Court alleging patent infringement. | 1 Comment
Aug. 16, 2012, 9:54 AMMore on Perrigo (PRGO -6%) FQ4: net profit +25% to $107.05M. Sales breakdown: Consumer Healthcare +12%, Nutritionals +10%, Rx Pharmaceuticals +70%. FY 2013 guidance: adjusted EPS $5.30-$5.50 vs. $4.99 in the previous year and consensus of $5.42. Apart from the revenue miss, it's hard to see why the shares are getting battered. | Comment!
Aug. 16, 2012, 7:58 AM
PRGO vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR