Fri, May 8, 4:24 PM
Wed, May 6, 4:35 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 4:06 PM
Sun, Feb. 8, 5:35 PM
Thu, Feb. 5, 4:46 PM
Tue, Jan. 6, 3:30 PM
- It's been a rough start to the year for the group as investors - who had bid up the names at least partly in hope of higher interest rates giving a boost to returns - rethink those assumptions yet again as the 10-year Treasury yield tumbles below 2%.
- MetLife (MET -2.5%), Prudential (PRU -1.5%), Manulife (MFC -2.2%), Sun Life (SLF -3.2%), Lincoln National (LNC -2.8%), Primerica (PRI -1.5%), Voya Financial (VOYA -2.1%).
Mon, Jan. 5, 7:35 AM
- Current co-CEOs Rick Williams and John Addison will remain directors, with Rick Williams being non-executive chairman of the board and Addison non-executive chairman of Primerica (NYSE:PRI) Distribution.
- Rick Williams: "Glenn has served as our right hand man for the past 10 years and we are confident that he is the ideal leader to take the helm of our company and continue our growth trajectory."
- Glenn Williams was previously president, and Peter Schneider has been chosen to replace him in that role.
- Source: Press Release
Sun, Jan. 4, 4:40 PM
- President Glenn J. Williams to become CEO, and BOD member as of April 1, 2015.
- Current Co-CEOs Rick Williams and John A. Addison Jr., to remain board members. Rick Williams moves to non-executive Chairman of the Board. John Addison moves to non-executive Chairman of Primerica Distribution.\
- Company says the change "represents an effective execution of Primerica's well-established management succession plan."
- PRI performance: 1-year +27.1%. 3-year +131.8%.
- Source: press release
Nov. 19, 2014, 4:15 PM
Nov. 7, 2014, 4:11 PM
Nov. 4, 2014, 4:34 PM
Oct. 20, 2014, 10:53 AM
- There are no details available, but the common thread for all the downgraded names were hopes of higher interest rates bringing higher earnings. Over the past few weeks, however, expectations of a mid-year 2015 rate hike have been pushed back closer to the end of the year, and the 10-year Treasury yield has fallen all the way to 2.19%.
- Community banks downgraded: BancFirst (BANF -0.2%) and People's United Financial (PBCT +1%) to Market Perform from Outperform, and Preferred Bank of L.A. (PFBC -1.8%) to Outperform from Strong Buy.
- Life insurers downgraded: Primerica (PRI -0.4%) and Principal Financial Group (PFG -1%) to Market Perform from Outperform.
Aug. 8, 2014, 4:07 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:30 PM
Jun. 4, 2014, 10:28 AM
- The life insurance sector mostly in the green after Dai-ichi purchases Protective Life for nearly 1.7x March 31 book value (excluding AOCI).
- Not exactly take-out candidates, MetLife (MET +2.5%) trades for 1.1x book and Prudential (PRU +2.5%) at 1.4x book. Lincoln National (LNC +1.9%) - with a market cap of $13.4B - trades for 1.1x book.
- Others: Primerica (PRI +0.5%), Kansas City Life (KCLI +0.5%).
- Previously: Dai-ichi snaps up Protective Life
May 9, 2014, 4:52 PM
PRI vs. ETF Alternatives
Primerica Inc is a distributor of financial products to middle income households in the United States and Canada. The Company assists its clients in terms of life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products.
Other News & PR