There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- I have received numerous inquiries from readers recently on how I identify potential winners in the small cap biotech, medical device and pharma sectors due to some recent major successes.
- There are many traits I look for when researching possible purchases. They include strong management teams, solid balance sheets, deep pipelines and potential lucrative positive catalysts.
- Prothena Corporation is an example of the type of small cap equity that meets the criteria for inclusion into my "shotgun investing" biotech portfolio and is profiled below.
Solid Management And Robust Balance Sheet Point To Large Upside For Prothena
- Prothena Corp. is a clinical-stage biotech with tremendous upside potential and a relatively low risk profile.
- The confluence of the company's deeply experienced managerial team, its aggressive clinical program and strong balance sheet make this stock a must watch, in my opinion.
- While the potential for clinical setbacks are present, Prothena's current valuation would appear to minimize downside risks for investors willing to take the long-view.
Prothena: 4 Different Insiders Have Purchased Shares This Month
- 4 insiders purchased Prothena stock within one month.
- The stock was sold by no insiders in the month of intensive purchasing.
- All 4 of these insiders increased their holdings by more than 10%.
Prothena: Recent Sell-Off On Positive Data Creates Buying Opportunity
- Prothena recently reported positive Phase 1 data causing a sell-off in the stock.
- Analysis of the data reveals early and promising signs of efficacy, de-risking future development.
- Sell-off in the shares creates a buying opportunity for long-term investors.
Prothena's Early-Stage Assets Hold Exciting Potential
- Prothena is targeting serious under-served diseases like amyloidosis and Parkinson's with antibody-based approaches.
- Phase I data from NEOD001 in amyloidosis is expected in April.
- Roche has partnered up the company's Parkinson's opportunity before it even begins human studies.
Prothena Offers A Strong Pipeline Beyond Amyloidosis
Mon, Nov. 3, 5:06 PM
Mon, Oct. 20, 8:27 AM
- In two Phase 2a clinical trials, privately-held Genervon Biopharmaceuticals' drug candidate for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), GM6 (known as GM604 in the ALS trial and GM608 in a Parkinson's disease study), showed encouraging disease-modifying results albeit in a small number of patients.
- In the ALS study, GM604 significantly reduced the decline in ALSFRS-R versus the historical control (p=0.0047). Seven of eight patients has their ALS disease progression slowed or stopped at week 12 after six doses of GM604. Five of seven treated patients had their forced air capacity (FVC) disease progression slowed or reversed at week 12 compared to historical placebo (-11.5% compared to -4.7% after treatment).
- In the Parkinson's study, the difference in the treated patients' UPDRS scores versus historical placebo at week 12 were statistically significant (p=0.0085). Changes in secondary clinical outcomes measures at week 2 were statistically significant at the one-tailed 10% level for four of eight patients.
- Genervon has submitted these results to the FDA for guidance on how to make GM6 available for ALS and PD patients. GM604 for ALS has been designated Fast Track and an Orphan Drug by the FDA.
- ALS-related tickers:(NYSEMKT:CUR) (NASDAQ:BCLI) (NASDAQ:MNOV) (NASDAQ:BIIB) (NASDAQ:CYTK)
- PD-related tickers: (NASDAQ:ACOR) (Pending:CVTS) (NASDAQ:ACAD) (OTCQX:CYNAF) (NASDAQ:IPXL) (OTCQB:TTNP) (OTCQB:SGTH) (NYSE:TEVA) (NASDAQ:ADMS) (NASDAQ:PRAN) (NASDAQ:CHTP) (NASDAQ:PRTA) (NASDAQ:FOLD) (NASDAQ:AVNR) (NYSE:BSX) (NYSE:MRK)
Mon, Aug. 4, 7:41 PM| Comment!
Mon, Aug. 4, 5:15 PM
Wed, Jun. 25, 9:13 AM
Mon, May. 5, 6:51 PM
Fri, May. 2, 5:38 PM
Wed, Apr. 30, 12:46 PM
Tue, Apr. 29, 12:46 PM
Wed, Apr. 23, 12:45 PM
Wed, Mar. 19, 12:46 PM
Wed, Mar. 19, 9:17 AM
- Shares of Prothena Corp (PRTA) poised for an up move this morning.
- RBC Capital rates the firm Outperform and raises its PT to $52 from $38.
- Protena is a clinical stage biotech focused on commercializing novel antibodies involved in diseases caused by protein misfolding or cell adhesion.
- 170 mutual funds have positions, down from 206 a year earlier.
Tue, Mar. 18, 5:45 PM
Thu, Mar. 6, 5:39 PM
Dec. 16, 2013, 3:57 PM| 1 Comment
Dec. 11, 2013, 5:47 PM
- Prothena (PRTA) shares jump 5.3% AH after the company enters a worldwide collaboration deal with Roche to develop and commercialize antibodies targeting alpha-synuclein, including PRX002, Prothena's Parkinson's treatment (expected to enter Phase I trials in 2014).
- In the U.S., the companies will share all development and commercialization costs, as well as profits, on a 70%-30% basis in favor of Roche. Outside America, Roche will have sole development responsibility and pay Prothena "up to double-digit royalties."
- Under the agreement, Prothena will receive an upfront payment of $45M, with the company eligible for additional payments of up to $380M contingent on development/sales milestones and up to $175M in ex-U.S. commercial milestone payments.
PRTA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR