PriceSmart's Short-Term Issues Present Great Opportunity
- Comparable stores sales growth has lagged due to entirely separate issues.
- Even with massive currency devaluation in Costa Rica, the company has been able to grow sales.
- PriceSmart's Caribbean operations should continue to be a solid area of growth.
- With the addition of 3 locations, Colombia will tie Costa Rica with the greatest number of stores. Additionally, Colombia's market is nearly as big as the company's other markets combined.
- The recent stock decline has brought the stock down to more reasonable levels given the potential growth in Colombia and the Caribbean.