Sep. 18, 2014, 10:44 AM
- Uniqlo (OTCPK:FRCOY) aims to have 39 stores up and running in the U.S. by the middle of November as it builds out its fast-fashion brand with consumers.
- The company has a goal to have 200 stores in the U.S. by 2020.
- What to watch Though traditional rivals for Uniqlo include Zara (OTCPK:IDEXY), Hennes & Mauritz (OTCPK:HMRZF), and Gap (NYSE:GPS) - an explosive growth run by Uniqlo could threaten clothing chains (AEO, ARO, ANF, PSUN, ZUMZ, EXPR, BKE, URBN, WTSL, JNY, CACH, CATO, BEBE, TLYS) up and down the retail sector over the longer term.
Sep. 15, 2014, 12:20 PM
- Mall retailer stocks start off the week in sluggish fashion, trailing broad market averages.
- Channel checks on back-to-school traffic at malls have come in below expectations, although some analysts think e-commerce gains will offset.
- Sales for retail clothing stores rose 0.3% M/M and 3.2% Y/Y in August.
- Decliners: Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) -3.1%, Express (NYSE:EXPR) -2.2%, Pacific Sunwear (NASDAQ:PSUN) -2.2%, American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) -1.6%, Wet Seal (NASDAQ:WTSL) -2.1%, Buckle (NYSE:BKE) -1.0%, Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) -1.1%, Zumiez (NASDAQ:ZUMZ) -1.9%.
Aug. 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 28, 2014, 4:03 PM| Comment!
Aug. 27, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 26, 2014, 1:48 PM
- Retail sales were strong across the sector, according to ICSC.
- Wholesale clubs (COST, PSMT, WMT), dollar stores (DLTR, DG, FDO), and apparel sellers (AAP, AEO, ANF, JCP, JNY, JWN, KSS, LB, M, URBN, PSUN, BKE, WTSL, GPS) all tracked strong for the week.
- Sales for the month are forecast to rise 4% to 5%, compared to last year's 3.6% rise.
Jul. 30, 2014, 10:36 AM
Jul. 3, 2014, 9:38 AM
- Keep an eye on specialty retailers, advises Topeka Capital's Dorothy Lakner.
- A nice pickup in retail demand in May could be followed up by more strength in June with the economy stable, says the analyst.
- If the stock market keeps moving higher and a potentially-disruptive West Coast port lockout can be avoided, the sector could be set for gains heading into the back to school and fall season.
- Looking for a comeback: EXPR, RUE, ZUMZ, PSUN, ARO, AEO, ANF, CACH, BODY, CHS, CWTR, NWY, BEBE, ANN, CBK, GPS, GES.
Jun. 13, 2014, 7:17 AM
- Teen retailer stock could be active today after Express catches the interest of Sycamore Partners.
- The P-E firm has already collected a few other similar brands to Express in its stable.
- On watch: Zumiez (ZUMZ), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO), Pacific Sunwear (PSUN), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), Wet Seal (WTSL), Vera Bradley (VRA), Aeropostale (AEO).
May. 30, 2014, 12:45 PM
May. 30, 2014, 9:14 AM
May. 29, 2014, 5:37 PM
May. 29, 2014, 4:05 PM
May. 29, 2014, 4:03 PM| Comment!
May. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
PSUN vs. ETF Alternatives
Pacific Sunwear, is a specialty retailer rooted in the action sports, fashion and music influences of California. It sells a combination of branded and proprietary casual apparel, accessories and footwear designed to appeal to teens and young adults.
Other News & PR