Mon, Sep. 21, 1:08 PM
- Select specialty retailers are higher today as investors continue to speculate over which company will catch the interest of private equity firms looking at a go-private deal.
- Zumiez (ZUMZ +3.9%), Buckle (BKE +1.7%), Francesca's Holdings (FRAN +2.2%), and Pacific Sunwear (PSUN +2.9%) are the names in the deal hopper. All four are sharply lower YTD to levels no wseen as attracting PE interest
Wed, Sep. 9, 7:54 AM
- Pacific Sunwear of California (NASDAQ:PSUN) is down sharply following a FQ2 earnings miss and weak guidance.
- Comparable-store sales declined 6% in FQ2 as key summer items such as shorts, swim gear, and sandals saw disappointing demand.
- The company expects revenue of $196M to $203M in FQ3 vs. $212M consensus off a negative comp (-6% to -3%).
- Previously: Pacific Sunwear of California misses by $0.04, misses on revenue (Sep. 08 2015)
- PSUN -16.7% premarket to $0.50.
Wed, Aug. 26, 9:41 AM
Thu, Jul. 16, 10:12 AM
- Some popular momentum-driven retail stocks are starting off the day in reverse with Michael Kors (KORS -2.7%), Coach (COH -0.2%), Pacific Sunwear (PSUN -1.9%), Vera Bradley (VRA -3.3%), Fossil (FOSL -0.6%), Lululemon (LULU -0.6%), Kate Spade (KATE -0.4%) and Under Armour (UA -3.5%) all lower.
- While OTR Global is with a fresh note on UA and KORS in which expectations are reeled in, pricing trends and China are also looming over the sector.
Fri, May 29, 12:46 PM
Dec. 3, 2014, 5:36 PM
- With shares down 49% YTD going into earnings, Pacific Sunwear's (NASDAQ:PSUN) FQ3 beat is going over well. As is the fact comparable store sales rose 4% Y/Y, after rising only 0.3% in FQ2.
- FQ4 guidance is for revenue of $218M-$227M and EPS of -$0.12 to -$0.17 vs. a consensus of $221.7M and -$0.12. Comparable sales are expected to be flat to up 4%.
- Gross margin rose 150 bps Y/Y in FQ3 to 26.7%. SG&A spend rose 9% to $58M. PSUN ended the quarter with $12.3M in cash, and $88.5M in long-term debt. Store count fell by 15 Y/Y to 620.
- FQ3 results, PR
Sep. 15, 2014, 12:20 PM
- Mall retailer stocks start off the week in sluggish fashion, trailing broad market averages.
- Channel checks on back-to-school traffic at malls have come in below expectations, although some analysts think e-commerce gains will offset.
- Sales for retail clothing stores rose 0.3% M/M and 3.2% Y/Y in August.
- Decliners: Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) -3.1%, Express (NYSE:EXPR) -2.2%, Pacific Sunwear (NASDAQ:PSUN) -2.2%, American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) -1.6%, Wet Seal (NASDAQ:WTSL) -2.1%, Buckle (NYSE:BKE) -1.0%, Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) -1.1%, Zumiez (NASDAQ:ZUMZ) -1.9%.
Aug. 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
May 30, 2014, 12:45 PM
May 30, 2014, 9:14 AM
May 29, 2014, 5:37 PM
May 29, 2014, 4:05 PM
May 29, 2014, 4:03 PM
Mar. 18, 2014, 5:45 PM
Mar. 6, 2014, 9:42 AM
- Teen-focused retail stocks are having a tough time getting out of the starting gate after a wave of sales and profit reads came in sluggish.
- There are more concerns on the large retail footprint of the group with margin gains being driven higher on the e-commerce side of the business.
- Decliners: Aeropostale (ARO) -1.5%, Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) -1.7%, Children's Place (PLCE) -10.2%, American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) -1.7%, Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) -0.9%.
PSUN vs. ETF Alternatives
Pacific Sunwear, is a specialty retailer rooted in the action sports, fashion and music influences of California. It sells a combination of branded and proprietary casual apparel, accessories and footwear designed to appeal to teens and young adults.
Other News & PR