Dec. 3, 2014, 5:36 PM
- With shares down 49% YTD going into earnings, Pacific Sunwear's (NASDAQ:PSUN) FQ3 beat is going over well. As is the fact comparable store sales rose 4% Y/Y, after rising only 0.3% in FQ2.
- FQ4 guidance is for revenue of $218M-$227M and EPS of -$0.12 to -$0.17 vs. a consensus of $221.7M and -$0.12. Comparable sales are expected to be flat to up 4%.
- Gross margin rose 150 bps Y/Y in FQ3 to 26.7%. SG&A spend rose 9% to $58M. PSUN ended the quarter with $12.3M in cash, and $88.5M in long-term debt. Store count fell by 15 Y/Y to 620.
- FQ3 results, PR
Sep. 15, 2014, 12:20 PM
- Mall retailer stocks start off the week in sluggish fashion, trailing broad market averages.
- Channel checks on back-to-school traffic at malls have come in below expectations, although some analysts think e-commerce gains will offset.
- Sales for retail clothing stores rose 0.3% M/M and 3.2% Y/Y in August.
- Decliners: Lululemon (NASDAQ:LULU) -3.1%, Express (NYSE:EXPR) -2.2%, Pacific Sunwear (NASDAQ:PSUN) -2.2%, American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) -1.6%, Wet Seal (NASDAQ:WTSL) -2.1%, Buckle (NYSE:BKE) -1.0%, Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN) -1.1%, Zumiez (NASDAQ:ZUMZ) -1.9%.
Aug. 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
May. 30, 2014, 12:45 PM
May. 30, 2014, 9:14 AM
May. 29, 2014, 5:37 PM
May. 29, 2014, 4:05 PM
May. 29, 2014, 4:03 PM| Comment!
Mar. 18, 2014, 5:45 PM
Mar. 6, 2014, 9:42 AM
- Teen-focused retail stocks are having a tough time getting out of the starting gate after a wave of sales and profit reads came in sluggish.
- There are more concerns on the large retail footprint of the group with margin gains being driven higher on the e-commerce side of the business.
- Decliners: Aeropostale (ARO) -1.5%, Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) -1.7%, Children's Place (PLCE) -10.2%, American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) -1.7%, Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) -0.9%.
Jan. 23, 2014, 2:10 PM
- Shares of a number of retailers selling apparel to teenagers trade weaker than market indexes after peer American Eagle Outfitters replaces its CEO unexpectedly.
- The gloom in the sector has only intensified over the last week with more warning signs that mall traffic could stay depressed.
- Decliners: Aeropostale (ARO) -4.6%, Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) -1.4%, Buckle (BKE) -1.6%, Zumiez (ZUMZ) -2.2%, Express (EXPR) -1.6%, Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) -1.4%.
Jan. 15, 2014, 8:15 AM
- Aeropostale (ARO) could command as much as $15 to $17 per share in a buyout, according to an optimistic read from Suntrust.
- The report that the retailer has struck up conversations with P-E firms is expected to draw a spotlight on the group of specialty retailers which have suffered through an extended period of soft store traffic (Related: E-commerce and teens: A dangerous mix for specialty retail).
- ARO +8.0% premarket to $8.35.
- On watch: URBN, ANF, AEO, CHS, PSUN.
Jan. 10, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jan. 9, 2014, 5:38 PM
Dec. 26, 2013, 12:45 PM
PSUN vs. ETF Alternatives
Pacific Sunwear, is a specialty retailer rooted in the action sports, fashion and music influences of California. It sells a combination of branded and proprietary casual apparel, accessories and footwear designed to appeal to teens and young adults.
Other News & PR