Wed, Feb. 4, 9:47 AM
- An earnings miss and weak guidance issued from Ralph Lauren today appears to be clipping shares prices in the global apparel sector.
- The harsh impact of converting international sales back to U.S. dollars was highlighted today by Ralph Lauren's numbers.
- Lifestyle brands are getting hit the hardest.
- Previously: Polo Ralph Lauren misses by $0.09, misses on revenue
- Previously: Ralph Lauren -6.4% as strong dollar whacks results
- Decliners: PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) -4.7%, Sequential Brands (NASDAQ:SQBG) -2.5%, Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) -1.6%, VF Corp (NYSE:VFC) -1.8%, Perry Ellis (NASDAQ:PERY) -0.9%, G-III Apparel (NASDAQ:GIII) -1.4%, Fossil (NASDAQ:FOSL) -3.3%, Vera Bradley (NASDAQ:VRA) -1.0%.
Dec. 3, 2014, 4:06 PM| Comment!
Dec. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:06 PM| Comment!
Sep. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 4, 2014, 5:33 PM
- In addition to missing FQ1 estimates, PVH has cut its full-year EPS guidance by $0.10 to $7.30-$7.40 (below a $7.51 consensus). Revenue is expected to total $8.5B (in-line with consensus).
- The apparel brand owner says it's seeing "heightened promotional activity across the North American retail landscape," and that this trend will also pressure FQ2 margins. Its fiscal 2H outlook is unchanged.
- Tommy Hilfiger sales +6% Y/Y to $862M, Calvin Klein +4% to $665M, Heritage Brands -2% to $436M.
- Retail store comps: +2% Y/Y for Tommy Hilfiger in North America and +6% in Europe; flat for Calvin Klein in North America and -5% international; -11% for Heritage Brands.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jun. 4, 2014, 4:06 PM| Comment!
Jun. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Mar. 25, 2014, 4:06 PM| Comment!
Mar. 25, 2014, 12:10 AM
Mar. 24, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 9, 2013, 4:28 PM
- PVH shares are down 2.7% AH following a FQ3 beat but ligher-than-expected FQ4 guidance.
- Revenue expanded 38% Y/Y to $2.26B, principally on the back of a $503M in revenue from the acquisition of Warnaco. The Tommy Hilfiger unit generated revenue growth of 10%, or $87M and pre-acquisition Calvin Klein businesses 19%, or $55M, partially offset by a 6% decrease, or $29M, in Heritage Brands.
- Calvin Klein comps jumped 3% Y/Y in North America but fell 1% internationally in FQ3. Tommy Hilfiger comps rose 3% in N.A. and 4% in Europe. Heritage Brands comps declined 3%.
- Management guides for Q4 EPS of $1.40-$1.60 (vs. analyst consensus of $1.54) and revenue of $2.08B (vs. $2.14B).
- Conference call at 9am ET tomorrow, PR
Dec. 9, 2013, 4:07 PM
Dec. 9, 2013, 12:10 AM
Dec. 8, 2013, 5:35 PM
Sep. 9, 2013, 6:49 PM
- PVH Corp. (PVH) Q2 beats across the board, but the shares are lower after-hours as the company lowers guidance for Q3.
- Net earnings however swung to a loss, as acquisition costs offset a 47% rise in total sales Y/Y.
- Tommy Hilfiger revenue rose 11% to $799M, as same- store sales were up 10% in North America and 11% in its international business.
- Calvin Klein revenue more than doubled to $671M, mainly due to the Warnaco acquisition.
- Total gross margin narrowed to 54.4% from 55.6%.
- For the current quarter, the company expects its EPS to come in around $2.20 a share on revenue of $2.2B, below Street estimates of $2.28 per share on revenue of $2.23B.
- Shares -4.3% AH.
PVH vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR