Power REIT Lawsuit: Nearing A (Disappointing) Finish?
- Recent developments in Power REIT's legal battle with Norfolk Southern continue to demonstrate Norfolk Southern's extreme confidence in its position.
- Power REIT hopes that the court will completely discount the 50-year performance of the lease, an argument that appears unlikely to succeed.
- It does not appear that the recent stock movement has taken the information contained within recent legal filings into account.
- Even if Power REIT wins, a windfall profit may not result.
- The nearing conclusion of the case through settlement or trial may prove disappointing for Power REIT and its current long investors.