5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on PXI.
There are no Transcripts on PXI.
PXI vs. ETF Alternatives
PowerShares DWA Energy Momentum Portfolio (Fund) is based on the DWA Energy Technical Leaders Index (Index). The Fund will normally invest at least 90% of its total assets in common stocks that comprise the Index. The Index is designed to identify companies that are showing relative strength (momentum), and is composed of at least 30 common stocks from a universe of approximately 3,000 common stocks traded on US exchanges. The Fund and the Index are rebalanced and reconstituted quarterly.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Friday, Feb 282:48 PM
Friday, Feb 282:48 PM| 4 Comments
- Refiners mostly continue to languish after shares were hammered yesterday as the Brent-WTI spread narrowed to its tightest level since last October.
- Credit Suisse isn't too excited about the near-term outlook; while March-April could see some widening of the spread given the transfer of inventory from Cushing to the Gulf, summer crude spreads should remain tight given as East of Rockies refineries ramp up for peak gasoline demand.
- On individual stocks, the firm says Western Refining (WNR -3%) and Phillips 66 (PSX +0.1%) should benefit from other businesses, while Tesoro (TSO +1.1%) could benefit from being recognized as a “Gulf Coast Refiner” but Delek US (DK -3.5%) needs to show signs of earnings improvement before it's worth buying.
- ETFs: XLE, ERX, OIH, VDE, ERY, DIG, DUG, XES, IYE, IEZ, PXJ, PXI, PSCE, FENY, FXN, RYE, DDG.
Wednesday, Oct 22013, 3:26 PM
Wednesday, Oct 22013, 3:26 PM| 2 Comments
- It's a pretty good day for refiners, even as most energy stocks slip, as Phillips 66 (PSX +2.1%), Valero (VLO +1.2%), Tesoro (TSO +0.2%), Western Refining (WNR +1.2%), Marathon Petroleum (MPC +1.2%) and HollyFrontier (HFC +0.4%) all post gains.
- PSX rises the most among energy companies in the S&P 500 after announcing a 25% increase in its quarterly dividend, VLO and TSO are upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup (I, II), and WNR rolls out a 12.5M-share IPO of its logistics unit.
- Refiners generally have come in for criticism recently; Barclays, for one, believes most refiners will miss consensus earnings expectations by a wide margin, with VLO the exception.
- ETFs: IEO, IEZ, IYE, PXE, PXI, XES, XLE, XOP, VDE, RYE, FXN, OIH, PXJ, PSCE, ERX, DIG, ERY, DUG, DDG.
Wednesday, Aug 282013, 11:59 AM
Wednesday, Aug 282013, 11:59 AM| 1 Comment
- Energy stocks (XLE +1.9%) lead the way this session as West Texas crude tests $110, with tensions over Syria continuing to feed Middle East supply concerns; Syria concerns and Libyan export cuts are trumping the bearish influence from a surprise gain for U.S. crude supplies.
- Among sector leaders: MRO +3.3%, EOG +3.1%, CVX +2.5%, TOT +2.4%, WLL +2.4%, APC +2.2%, RDS.A +2.1%, XOM +2.1%, HAL +2%, SLB +2%, COP +1.8%, PSX +1.7%, BP +1.6%, APA +1.6%, HES +1.5%, KOG +1.3%.
- ETFs: ERX, VDE, DIG, IEO, IEZ, IYE, PXE, PXI, XES, XOP, RYE, FXN, OIH, PXJ, PSCE, ERY, DUG, DDG, FRAK.
- After big losses yesterday, gold miners (GDX +2.4%) are strong today despite only a slight gain in the metal.
- Miners: ABX +3.6%, GG +3.2%, NEM +2.2%, KGC +2%, SLW +2%, GFI +1.2%.
Tuesday, Jul 162013, 1:13 PMEnergy (XLE -1.1%) is the worst performing S&P sector today with refiners taking the biggest hit following Marathon Petroleum's (MPC -4.9%) profit warning, which came on the heels of Valero's (VLO -2%) warning a few days ago as higher oil prices alongside flattish product pricing isn't a great combination. Others: Phillips 66 (PSX -3.3%), Tesoro (TSO -2.6%). |Tuesday, Jul 162013, 1:13 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Feb 202013, 3:21 PM
Thursday, Sep 272012, 3:31 PMThe cure for low prices is low prices. Left for dead a few months back, natural gas soars today to its highest price this year as the multi-year collapse in working rig counts looks to finally be taking effect. UNG +3%. The double-levered oil & gas ETF (DIG), +30.1% in Q3. |Thursday, Sep 272012, 3:31 PM| 12 Comments