5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on PXSC.
There are no Transcripts on PXSC.
There are no News articles on PXSC.
PXSC vs. ETF Alternatives
The PowerShares Dynamic Small Cap Portfolio (Fund) is based on the Dynamic Small Cap Intellidex Index (Index). The Fund will normally invest at least 90% of its total assets in common stocks that comprise the Index. The Index is designed to objectively identify those stocks within a particular market segment that have the greatest potential for capital appreciation. The Intellidex methodology thoroughly evaluates the investment merit of the 2,000 largest U.S. companies by analyzing numerous unique financial characteristics from four broad financial perspectives: fundamental, valuation, timeliness and risk.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Market Cap
Thursday, Apr 1011:09 AM
Thursday, Apr 1011:09 AM| 6 Comments
- The DJIA (DIA -0.4%) is off only marginally, but the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ -1.4%) and Russell 2000 (IWM -1.8%) are again suffering sharp falls in mid-morning action. Hit particularly hard again is the biotech sector (IBB -3.4%), and money is flowing into consumer stapes (XLP +0.3%) and utilities (XLU +0.4%).
- Biotech ETFs: IBB, XBI, BIB, BBH, FBT, PBE, BIS
- Nasdaq ETFs: QQQ, PSQ, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, QLD, QQEW, QQQE, QQXT, TNDQ
- Small-cap ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, RWJ, URTY, SCHA, TWM, RWM, SRTY, SAA, DWAS, VTWO, VIOO, SDD, JKJ, RSCO, SBB, FYX, XSLV, EWRS, TWOK, SMLV, PXSC
Monday, Apr 711:58 AM
Monday, Apr 711:58 AM| 4 Comments
- Tech's hanging in there thanks to nice moves in Intel, Cisco, and IBM, but the Russell 2000 (IWM -1.6%) is the outlier to the downside again. Today's dip can't be blamed on the biotechs though - the IBB is up 0.3% for the session.
- What's working? Defensive names like P&G (after a dividend boost), Coca-Cola, and Colgate-Palmolive are helping the Consumer Staples SPDR (XLP +0.3%). Also in the green are the utilities (XLU +0.9%).
- Small-cap ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, RWJ, URTY, SCHA, TWM, RWM, SRTY, SAA, DWAS, VTWO, VIOO, SDD, SBB, JKJ, RSCO, FYX, XSLV, EWRS, TWOK, SMLV, PXSC
- Staples ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC
- Utility ETFs: XLU, IDU, VPU, NLR, GRID, JXI, NUCL, DBU, IPU, RYU, UPW, PUI, FUTY, FXU, SDP, PSCU, AXUT, UTLT
Tuesday, Mar 411:54 AM
Tuesday, Mar 411:54 AM| 12 Comments
- The Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq are all ahead about 1.25%, but the small caps are really breaking out, with the Russell 2000 up 2.8%, at an all-time high, and now ahead 4% on the year vs. a 1.4% gain for the S&P 500.
- The index's gain over the last month sums to nearly 11%. Last week, Ryan Detrick noted the Russell was up 14 of the previous 15 sessions for the first time in its history.
- ETFs: IWM, IJS, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, SCHA, TWM, IWO, IWN, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, VTWO, SLYG, RZV, SLYV, VIOO, SDD, JKJ, RZG, SBB, RSCO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, SKK, VIOV, FYT, FNDA, JKK, PXSV, EWRS, UVT, VTWV, TWOK, SMLV, SJH, FYC, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
Monday, Feb 31:24 PM
Monday, Feb 31:24 PM| 1 Comment
- The Russell 2000's (IWM -3.3%) decline is nearly twice that of the S&P 500 and has the small-cap index now underperforming the big-cap gauge YTD (down 5.7% vs. 5.2%). It was little more than a week ago, the Russell 2000 was outperforming by about 300 basis points, and there have been numerous warnings (I, II) in recent weeks about an overvaluation in small-cap stocks that just couldn't last.
- Small-cap ETFs: IJS, IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, TWM, SCHA, IWN, IWO, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, SLYG, VTWO, RZV, SLYV, SDD, JKJ, RSCO, SBB, RZG, VIOO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, FYT, VIOV, JKK, FNDA, EWRS, SKK, PXSV, UVT, TWOK, VTWV, SMLV, SJH, FYC, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
Monday, Jan 2712:31 PM
Monday, Jan 2712:31 PM| Comment!
- Once again, it's the Russell 2000 (IWM -1.9%) leading the way as the averages tumble. Green for the year just a few sessions ago, the small cap index is now off 3.6%, though it still hasn't caught up with the Dow's (DIA -0.5%) 4.7% YTD drop.
- Earlier: Small cap biotechs torched.
- Small cap ETFs: IJS, IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, VB, IJR, SLY, EES, RWJ, VBR, VBK, URTY, TWM, SCHA, IWN, IWO, IJT, RWM, SRTY, DWAS, SAA, JKL, VTWO, SLYG, RZV, SLYV, SDD, JKJ, SBB, RSCO, RZG, VIOO, VTWG, UKK, FYX, TILT, VIOG, XSLV, VIOV, FYT, FNDA, JKK, EWRS, SKK, PXSV, UVT, TWOK, VTWV, SMLV, FYC, SJH, IESM, PXSC, VLU, PXSG
- Apple's higher ahead of earnings this evening, but the broader tech sector (QQQ -1.5%) is also taking a big hit. Excepting Apple, all of the top holdings of the Nasdaq 100 - Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Qualcomm, Gilead, Intel, Cisco, Comcast, and Facebook - are lower.
- Broad tech ETFs: XLK, VGT, TECL, IYW, ROM, TDIV, TECS, IGM, RYT, QTEC, PSCT, FTEC, FXL, REW, MTK, PTF