Fri, May 15, 1:49 PM
- Shares of Bwin.Party Digital Entertainment (OTCPK:PYGMF) jump 11.4% after GVC Holdings (OTC:GMVHF) says it has an offer on the table for the company.
- A deal would be structured as a reverse takeover is an agreement is finalized.
- Bwin.Party has been the subject of considerable speculation over a full or partial sale.
Tue, May 12, 12:51 PM
- Senator Harry Reid says he will consider supporting a full ban of online gaming in the U.S. if he can't carve out an exemption for poker.
- Currently, there is a bill floating around the House of Representatives that stands a decent chance of making it to the Senate this year.
- Most casino operators support online gaming due to the strength of their brand, although a notable exception is Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS) with outspoken CEO Sheldon Adelson.
- A federal ban on online gaming could also have implications for the growing online sports fantasy games industry which has steered clear of tight regulatory review so far.
- Related stocks: MGM, WYNN, CZR, OTCPK:EIHDF, OTCPK:AMYGF, SGMS, BYD, IGT, ZNGA, OTCPK:PYGMF, CHDN.
Tue, Feb. 17, 2:08 PM
- Takeover talks between 888 Holdings (OTCPK:EIHDF) and William Hill broke down yesterday, according to Financial Times.
- 888 Holdings rejected a £700M ($1.075B) offer made by the large bookmaking company.
- Bwin.party (OTCPK:PYGMF) and 888 Holdings are both down sharply in London trading over the last few sessions as M&A speculation has fizzled.
May 22, 2014, 9:38 AM| Comment!
Aug. 30, 2013, 9:09 AM
Apr. 15, 2013, 3:25 AMBetfair (BTFRF.PK) jumps 12% in London after CVC Capital Partners confirms it's in early-stage talks with the company about a bid. "CVC's interest could well prove the catalyst for other interested parties," Peel Hunt says. Keep an eye on William Hill (WIMHF.PK), Ladbrokes (LDBKF.PK), Bwin.party (PYGMF.PK) and 888 Holdings (EIHDF.PK) - mentioned in this recent article by Robert Geoghan on U.K. gambling stocks. | Comment!
PYGMF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR