Questcor And Mallinckrodt: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. will begin trading ex-dividend on June 27, 2014. A cash dividend payment of $0.3 per share is scheduled to be paid on July 08.
- Mallinckrodt will acquire Questcor in Q3. Questcor shareholders will receive $30.00 per share in cash and 0.897 Mallinckrodt shares for each share of Questcor common stock.
- Short interest for QCOR as of 6/13/2014 is 19,245,387 shares. 35.45% of the float is astonishing given a dividend, merger, and clinical trials. QCOR pps is still increasing.
- Short interest for MNK as of 6/13/2014 is 15,904,480 shares. 32.89% of the float is unusual, as both companies approach a merger. MNK pps is still increasing.
- QCOR short interest is increasing commensurate with pps for the last 4 months, and this is not a sustainable trend for short sellers to continue given future catalysts.