- Qiagen reported second-quarter 2014 net income of $32.8 million, or $0.14 per diluted share.
- Adjusted net sales came in at $331.2 million, up 4% at constant exchange rates or CER.
- In my original article I said that despite being able to grow revenue, Qiagen failed to convert that incremental revenue to profit over the last five years.
- The trend continues this quarter also, as the company’s EPS is still hovering around the five-year trend line.
- The company’s recently announced joint venture with AstraZeneca might be a positive development for investors.