SA Transcripts • Tue, Nov. 11
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Nov 11, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 9, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 4, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 3, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 15, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 31, 1969)
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- Qiwi's "Visa Qiwi Wallet" segment grows profit at exponential rates (6% per month).
- Visa Qiwi Wallet segment has grown to generate almost 50% of 2013 total company revenue.
- Increased weight of Visa Qiwi Wallet revenue in total revenue will add momentum to overall growth rate.
- Currently trading with nice Crimea discount (which only affects stock price, not earnings).
Tue, Nov. 11, 9:17 AM
Tue, Nov. 11, 6:02 AM
Mon, Nov. 10, 5:30 PM
Thu, Oct. 30, 12:22 PM
- Starting on Nov. 5, eBay's marketplaces will support Qiwi Wallet (QIWI) as a payment option in Russia.
- Qiwi had 15.8M active digital wallets at the end of Q2. The eBay deal comes as the e-commerce giant gets set to spin off PayPal (already supported in Russia). PayPal supports the processing of Visa-based Qiwi Wallet payments.
Fri, Oct. 24, 10:29 AM
- Goldman has cut QIWI to Sell from Buy, and slashed its target by $35 to $24. The firm is worried regulators will crack down on the Russian online payments leader due to its non-compliance with user identification requirements.
- Qiwi has already sold off more than once on fears about new regulations. Shares are close to a 52-week low of $26.14.
Fri, Sep. 5, 12:16 PM
- Yandex (YNDX +5.3%), Qiwi (QIWI +3.8%), and VimpelCom (VIP +2.4%) are rallying after the Ukranian government and pro-Russian rebels signed a cease-fire.
- The group rallied on Wednesday after Vladimir Putin stated a cease-fire could be reached this week.
- In spite of today's news, the U.S. and NATO have agreed to a fresh round of Russian sanctions, while expressing skepticism the cease-fire will hold.
Wed, Sep. 3, 11:19 AM| Comment!
Fri, Aug. 8, 4:06 PM
- Yandex (YNDX +2%), Qiwi (QIWI +4.1%), Luxoft (LXFT +1.9%), VimpelCom (VIP +2.8%), and MTS (MBT +2.8%) have rallied amid hopes Ukranian tensions are thawing a bit.
- Russian military exercises near the Ukranian border ended today, and the prime minister of the self-declared Donetsk People's Republic has resigned as Ukranian forces close in.
- Russian tech and telecom names have been hit hard by geopolitical worries. Qiwi sold off yesterday after reporting earnings.
Thu, Aug. 7, 7:42 AM
Mon, Jul. 21, 1:14 PM
- With pressure mounting on Russia over its support for Eastern Ukranian separatists following the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH-17, tech and telecom stocks with heavy Russian and/or Ukranian exposure are once more selling off.
- Notable decliners: YNDX -3.9%. QIWI -5.5%. LXFT -3.9%. MBT -5.6%. VIP -4.3%.
- Previous: Russian/Ukranian stocks tumble following plane crash
Thu, Jul. 17, 1:13 PM
- Tech/telecom names with strong Russian or Ukranian exposure are falling hard after Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crashed in Eastern Ukraine. A Ukranian government official claims rebels shot down the plane.
- Yandex (YNDX -5.4%), Luxoft (LXFT -5.6%), Qiwi (QIWI -8.1%), VimpelCom (VIP -3.7%) and MTS (MBT -3.1%) are all off sharply.
- The Market Vector Russia ETF Trust (NYSEARCA:RSX) is down 5.4%. Other Russian ETFs: RUSL, RSXJ, ERUS, RUSS, RBL, RUDR.
Thu, Jul. 17, 12:46 PM
Mon, Jul. 14, 2:43 PM
- Citing the potential for up to 30% annual earnings growth over the next few years, Deutsche has launched coverage on Qiwi (QIWI +4.1%) with a Buy and $60 PT.
- The firm views Qiwi as a play on Russian online payments growth, and predicts the company will benefit from a secular shift from "offline retail sales and bank transactions to online payments and money transfers."
- Shares currently go for 8.2x 2015E sales.
Mon, Jun. 23, 11:49 AM
- EU foreign ministers are threatening to impose fresh sanctions on Russia if it doesn't cooperate with Ukraine's proposed peace plan and halt the flow of arms and fighters across its border. Qiwi (QIWI -3.5%) shares dipped following the announcement.
- Separately, the Russian online payments leader announced this morning it had closed its 7.97M-share offering (previous). Qiwi sold 1.99M new shares, and 5.98M shares on behalf of existing holders, at $40 apiece (4% above current levels).
Mon, Jun. 9, 6:51 PM
- QIWI has filed to sell 1.99M new shares, and 5.98M on behalf of existing holders. Underwriters have overallotment options to buy 299K shares from Qiwi, and 897K from existing holders.
- At current levels, gross proceeds from the new shares would total $92M. The Russian online payments leader had $228M in cash/equivalents at the end of Q1, and $13M in borrowings.
Wed, May. 21, 12:47 PM
QIWI vs. ETF Alternatives
QIWI PLC along with its subsidiaries is engaged in operating electronic online payment systems & maintains banking activity supporting processing of payments. It operates in three segments; Qiwi Distribution, Visa Qiwi Wallet, and Corporate & other.
Other News & PR