Thu, Jan. 22, 12:55 PM
- The Hedged Dividend Income ETF (NYSEARCA:DIVA) provides investors with high dividend income, along with the secondary goal of capital appreciation.
- "DIVA offers a number of potential advantages over widely used equity-based income producing products by attempting to provide significantly lower risk and volatility relative to that of long-only equity strategies," says Bill Carey, CEO of FFCM, advisor to the QuantShares, in a press release.
- "Our exemptive relief with the SEC allows us to hedge and de-risk via an index-based, long/short strategy," said Bill DeRoche, Chief Investment Officer and portfolio manager of DIVA.
- Other long/short and 130/30 ETFs: ALFA, CSM, AGLS, CSLS, LALT, FTLS, RALS
Sep. 9, 2014, 1:58 PM
- The First Trust Long/Short Equity ETF (NYSEARCA:FTLS) is an actively managed fund that invests in other U.S.-listed equity securities for foreign and domestic firms, including U.S.-listed ETFs that cover domestic and international markets.
- According to prospectus, "the overall portfolio, under normal market conditions, will be 90 to 100% invested in long positions and 0% to 50% invested in short positions."
- FTLS will charge 99 basis points, just 4 more than the largest fund in the long/short space, the Proshares RAFI Long/Short (NYSEARCA:RALS).
- Other long/short ETFs: ALFA, CSM, AGLS, CSLS, LALT
May 14, 2014, 2:25 PM
- The PowerShares Multi-Strategy Alternative Portfolio (LALT) is expected to launch on May 29th and is supported by a partnership between Invesco and Morgan Stanley.
- As described by Dan Draper, Invesco PowerShares Managing Director of Global ETFs: “One of the primary goals for investors that use alternative strategies is to minimize exposure to equity and bond markets, and to achieve better risk-adjusted returns compared to portfolios consisting only of traditional asset classes. LALT is an actively managed long-short strategy that seeks to provide efficient exposure to a broad mix of alternative-asset classes.”
- Other long-short ETFs: ALFA, CSM, RALS, AGLS, CSLS
May 1, 2014, 1:09 PM
- The Etracs Fisher-Gartman Risk Off ETF (OFF) and the Etracs Fisher-Gartman Risk On ETF (ONN) will be called for redemption on May 9th after roughly 2.5 years of trading.
- OFF provides inverse exposure to an index of long positions in risk-on instruments and short positions in risk-off instruments; ONN tracks an index with 150% in long positions in securities that gain in a strong market and 50% in short positions expected to fall in a strong market.
- UBS gave no further details on the reason for redemption in the NYSE communique.
- Other long/short ETFs: ALFA, CSM, RALS, AGLS, CSLS
Mar. 10, 2014, 10:07 AM
- To those who remember the risk on/risk off days of 2011 when the entire universe of assets seemingly moved together based on the utterings of some politician here or across the pond, today is quite a different matter. The instances of days in which more than 90% of S&P 500 stocks move together have all but vanished late last year and this year.
- The 65-day average correlation of stocks fell to 0.52% in January vs. an average of 0.63% between 2009 and 2013 (it rose as high as 0.84% late in 2011).
- Investors have responded by moving money into so-called actively managed strategies, with those funds seeing inflows of $1.3B this year on top of $9.8B in 2013. It's a small amount, but contrasts with $360B pulled out of such funds between 2009-2012.
- Related ETFs: GURU, ALFA, CSM, QAI, ONN, OFF, BTAL, MCRO, CHEP, RALS, HDG, QEH, AGLS, CSLS, SIZ, QMN, CSMN
Visit Seeking Alpha's
RALS vs. ETF Alternatives
ProShares RAFI Long/Short seeks investment results, before fees and expenses, that track the performance of the RAFI US Equity Long/Short Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Other News & PR