5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
at MarketWatch.com (Apr 12, 2013)
RALY vs. ETF Alternatives
Rally Software Development Corp provides cloud-based solutions. It manages Agile software development tools and educational and support services to help companies adopt Agile and Lean software development practice.
Thursday, Apr 1710:29 AM|Thursday, Apr 1710:29 AM| 1 Comment
Tuesday, Apr 84:00 PM
Tuesday, Apr 84:00 PM| 4 Comments
- Smart bargain hunting or catching a falling knife? After being bludgeoned almost ceaselessly over the last couple of weeks, many high-beta tech stocks are closing the day with sizable gains.
- The rebound comes on a day when hedge fund Coatue Management announced plans to return over $2B to investors following a 9% March decline caused by tech stock losses. It also comes as several tech giants, including Apple, Microsoft, H-P, and IBM, finish the day near breakeven, or with modest losses.
- Leading U.S. Internet gainers: LNKD +6.2%. P +6%. ZU +5%. SALE +7.2%. SSTK +6%. AOL +4.6%.
- Chinese Internet gainers: EJ +9.1%. WBAI +8.9%. QIHU +7.9%. ATHM +8.1%. YY +6.8%. SFUN +8.7%. GOMO +9.8%. Ctrip and Qunar were among the sector's biggest gainers following M&A rumors.
- Others: FSLR +7%. NMBL +6.2%. NPTN +5.9%. PANW +5.5%. EGHT +5.4%. RFMD +4.9%. QIWI +4.9%. CRUS +4.3%. RALY +5.5%.
Thursday, Apr 33:57 PM
Thursday, Apr 33:57 PM| 10 Comments
- Today's rout in tech momentum names (the latest in a string) has been especially harsh on enterprise cloud software, security, and big data/analytics plays.
- Major cloud software decliners: NOW -11%. WDAY -9.6%. N -6.5%. CNQR -7.2%. SAAS -6.3%. TXTR -6.3%. ULTI -5.5%. DWRE -8%. MKTO -6.2%. CSLT -9%. RALY -7.2%.
- Salesforce (CRM -4.1%) is following the group lower after announcing plans to offer industry-specific cloud software solutions. Pac Crest thinks Salesforce's top-line will benefit, but is cutting its EPS estimates on margin concerns.
- Security decliners: FEYE -10.3%. PANW -8.2%. KEYW -5.7%.
- Big data/analytics decliners: DATA -7.4%. SPLK -6.9%. QLIK -4.1%. Splunk's selloff comes in spite of a two-notch CLSA upgrade to Outperform.
Thursday, Mar 204:50 PM
Friday, Jan 178:54 AM|Friday, Jan 178:54 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Jan 712:16 PM
Friday, Dec 62013, 12:48 PM|Friday, Dec 62013, 12:48 PM| Comment!
Friday, Dec 62013, 10:34 AM
Friday, Dec 62013, 10:34 AM| Comment!
- Shares of Rally Software (RALY -24.3%) plunge after a Q3 beat, decelerating fundamental metrics, and weaker-than-expected Q4 guidance.
- Management's expectations for Q4 revenue of $19.2M-$19.4M (+24%-25% Y/Y) are far shy of analyst expectations of $20.4M. EPS is seen by management at -$0.26 to -$0.24, below a consensus of -$0.20.
- Seat count grew 28% Y/Y to 155K and 3% Q/Q. Calculated Billings (revenue plus the change in deferred revenue), grew a much slower 8% Y/Y to $16.4M.
- A downgrade from Piper Jaffray to Neutral from Overweight is also hampering shares. Analyst Mark Murphy noted concerns on the conference call: "I think people right or wrong they are going to be horn in on the sequential growth rates for paid seats and differed revenue." Deferred revenue growth decelerated to 13% Y/Y, with the balance at $33.7M at the end of the quarter.
Thursday, Dec 52013, 5:41 PM
Thursday, Dec 52013, 4:25 PM|Thursday, Dec 52013, 4:25 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Sep 172013, 9:28 AM
Thursday, Sep 52013, 4:39 PM|Thursday, Sep 52013, 4:39 PM| Comment!
Friday, Jun 72013, 7:16 AM
Tuesday, May 72013, 1:54 PMRally Software (RALY -3.5%) doesn't on underwriter coverage day, even though all four firms issuing reports have established bullish stances. Needham (Buy) argues Rally is well-positioned for strong growth in an agile software development tool market featuring 6M-8M potential seats, and in which Rally has sold only 168K seats thus far. The firm notes the growing preference for agile development, which can improve time-to-market, relative to traditional methods. Rally is up 34% from its April IPO price of $14. |Tuesday, May 72013, 1:54 PM| Comment!
Friday, Apr 122013, 9:54 AM
Friday, Apr 122013, 9:10 AM