Mon, Jun. 22, 11:03 AM
- Raven Industries' (RAVN +4.8%) shares could fly higher, writes David Englander in Barron's, stating that the company is looking for new ways to profit even as falling oil and corn prices hurt its traditional customers.
- One such area is building balloon's for Google’s Project Loon.
- Raven has seen its stock slide 50% since the end of 2013 as demand for its products dried up. But that sell-off looks like an opportunity for investors, as much of the bad news appears to be in the price.
Mon, Jun. 15, 5:40 PM
Aug. 19, 2013, 2:28 PM
- Raven Industries (RAVN +2.7%) trades higher today after the industrial manufacturer earlier reported Q2 EPS that came in below estimates, but beat on its top line revenue number.
- Sales were $93.4M, above estimates for $90.66M.
- Sales rose modestly in its Engineered Films division, but were down slightly in Applied Technology.
- Aerostar sales declined 23%, largely due to reduced demand from U.S. government agency customers.
- Looking forward, the company notes that it sees its H2 profit growth improving on a Y/Y basis, 2014 could be flat.
May 20, 2013, 12:45 PM
May 20, 2013, 11:19 AMRaven Industries (RAVN -9.4%) takes a hit this morning after its Q1 misses estimates. The company reported an EPS of $0.38 per share, versus estimates of $0.44, missing by $0.06 and down 27% Y/Y. Revenue came in at $103.7M versus expectations of $112.64M. Sales were down 12% from the same period last year. Looking forward, the company warns that "delivering year-over-year sales and earnings growth in the second quarter of fiscal 2014 will be challenging." | May 20, 2013, 11:19 AM | Comment!
Nov. 20, 2012, 9:14 AM
Aug. 21, 2012, 3:39 PM
May 18, 2012, 3:38 PMRaven Industries (RAVN +10.4%) leaps today after its Q1 blew away EPS and revenue estimates on record sales and earnings. Net profit rose 21% Y/Y, driven by a solid increase in operating income and double-digit sales gains in its Engineered Films and Applied Technology Divisions. | May 18, 2012, 3:38 PM | Comment!
Aug. 22, 2011, 11:48 AMRaven Industries (RAVN +5%) jumps as its record Q2 earnings easily beat estimates. EPS came in at $0.68 on sales of $90M, topping consensus expectations for $0.51 per share on $84M in sales as the booming commodities markets continue to drive demand for the company's precision agriculture solutions. | Aug. 22, 2011, 11:48 AM | Comment!
RAVN vs. ETF Alternatives
Raven Industries Inc is a technology company providing products to customers within the industrial, agricultural, energy, construction & military markets. Its operating segment includes: Applied Technology, Engineered Films & Aerostar Division.
Other News & PR