Tue, Jan. 20, 7:45 AM
- Q4 net income of $195M or $0.14 per share vs. $219M and $0.16 a year earlier.
- Net interest income of $820M vs. $832M, with net interest margin of 3.17% slipping nine basis points.
- Noninterest income of $448M vs. $526M, with declines in mortgage fees, service charges, and capital markets revenue, partially offset by increases in card and ATM fees, and wealth management income.
- Noninterest expense of $969M vs. $946M.
- Tier 1 common ratio of 11.6%. $248M of stock repurchased during quarter ($350M program). Tangible book value per share of $8.26 vs. $7.54 one year ago.
- Previously: Regions Financial misses by $0.07, misses on revenue (Jan. 20)
- RF -0.45% premarket
Tue, Jan. 20, 6:02 AM| 1 Comment
Mon, Jan. 19, 5:30 PM
Oct. 21, 2014, 6:01 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 22, 2014, 6:03 AM
Jul. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 7:28 AM
- Total ending loans of $76B, with total new and renewed loan production up 2% Y/Y. Of note in business lending, loans in the investor real estate portfolio grew for the first time in more than four years, with balance up $242M to $7B.
- In consumer lending, the indirect auto portfolio grew 6% from Q4, with production up 4%. In no surprise, this was offset by declines in mortgage production.
- Net interest income of $816M up from $798M a year ago, with net interest margin growing 13 bps to 3.26%. Noninterest income of $438M fell from $501M. Noninterest expense fell to $817M from $842M.
- Loan loss allowance as a percentage of loans falls to 1.67% from 2.37% one year ago.
- Basel III common equity Tier 1 ratio of 10.8% rose from 10.6% at year's end. Tangible book value per share of $7.81 rises from $7.54. Last night's close of $10.28 has the stock trading at 1.3x book.
- Press release, Q1 results
- RF no trades premarket
Apr. 22, 2014, 6:02 AM| Comment!
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 21, 2014, 7:39 AM
- Adjusted EPS of $0.21 is a penny higher than expectations. Among the extraordinary items is a transfer of troubled loans into the held-for-sale bin resulting in an after-tax charge of $46M.
- Net interest income up 1% Q/Q with NIM up 2 bps to 3.26% (up 16 bps from a year ago).
- Noninterest revenue of $526M up 6.2% from a year ago, with mortgage revenue off 23%.
- Adjusted noninterest expense is roughly flat from a year ago.
- Charge-offs and loan-loss provision comparisons are tricky thanks to the above-mentioned move.
- Tier 1 capital ratio of 11.6% gains 10 basis points from last year.
- Q4 results, press release
- RF -2.1% premarket
Jan. 21, 2014, 7:03 AM
Jan. 21, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 20, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 22, 2013, 8:00 AM
- Net interest income of $824M up 2% from Q2, with net interest margin of 3.24% up eight basis points thanks to lower funding costs.
- Noninterest income of $495M is slightly lower than Q2, led by a 16% decline in mortgage production volume. Mortgage income of $17M is off from $52M last quarter. New home originations jump to 60% of total from 37% as refinancing disappears.
- Noninterest expense of $884M is flat from Q2, but headcount is up 376. "Regions continues to prudently invest for the future, which includes investments in talent and technology to support both innovation and risk management."
- Net charge-offs off $148M, or 56% from a year ago. Total provisions for Q of $18M vs. $33M a year ago.
- 11.6% capital ratio. Tangible book value per share of $7.32 vs. $7.11 last quarter.
- Q3 results, press release.
- RF unchanged premarket.
RF vs. ETF Alternatives
Regions Financial Corp provides traditional commercial, retail and mortgage banking services, & other financial services in the fields of asset management, wealth management, securities brokerage, insurance, trust services, and other specialty financing.
Other News & PR