Real Goods Solar Inc., is a residential and commercial solar energy engineering, procurement, & construction firm. It offers services, including design, procurement, permitting, build-out, grid connection and warranty & customer satisfaction activities.
Thursday, Mar 69:15 AM
Thursday, Mar 69:15 AM| 4 Comments
- Gainers: PXLW +38%. BORN +30%. SGMO +17%. ERII +14%. BSPM +14%. ORAN +10%. BSDM +9%. GEVO +9%. LJPC +8%. ROX +8%. RIGL +8%. RGSE +8%. NEON +8%. PPHM +7%. NAVB +7%. FREE +6%. PSTI +6%. MVIS +5%. LOGI +5%. GRO +5%.
- Losers: LOV -20%. XGTI -13%. PLCE -12%. SPLS -11%. BLDP -8%. FCEL -6%. DANG -6%. MXWL -6%.
Wednesday, Mar 59:12 AM|Wednesday, Mar 59:12 AM| 2 Comments
Monday, Feb 1011:16 AM
Monday, Feb 1011:16 AM| 1 Comment
- Cowen's Robert Stone has raised his RGS Energy (RSOL +6.4%) PT to $5 from $3.50, while reiterating an Outperform.
- Stone is upbeat about RGS' recent Vermont and Massachusetts solar project deals, and notes the projects (total capacity of 8MW) collectively equal 40% of his 2014 commercial installation forecast of 20.1MW.
- Stone has lowered his Q4 and Q1 EPS forecasts to -$0.06 apiece.
- Previous: RGS Energy jumps after announcing $150M JV
Tuesday, Feb 42:51 PM
Tuesday, Feb 42:51 PM| 3 Comments
- RGS Energy (RSOL +8.6%) is partnering with clean energy project developer Altus Power America to create a JV that will "develop, finance and manage up to $150 million of commercial solar projects."
- RGS and Altus state the first "fully financed projects" stemming from the JV will be operational in Q2. RGS states the deal represents "first foray into asset energy ownership and long-term asset management."
- Yesterday, RGS sold off hard following news it had filed a $200M mixed shelf.
- Prior deals: Massachusetts solar farms, Vermont projects
Tuesday, Feb 49:11 AM
Monday, Feb 31:20 PM
Monday, Feb 31:20 PM| Comment!
- RGS Energy (RSOL -9.4%), formerly Real Goods Solar, has filed a $200M mixed shelf registration. (PR) (S-3)
- RGS, which is fresh off merging with solar system integrator Mercury Solar, only says it will use the proceeds from any stock or debt offering tied to the shelf registration for "general corporate purposes" and/or acquisitions.
Monday, Feb 39:09 AM
Monday, Jan 274:02 PM
Monday, Jan 274:02 PM| 7 Comments
- The Motley Fool's Travis Hoium observes RGS Energy (RSOL +16.1%), until recently known as Real Goods Solar, provides residential and commercial solar systems that can be purchased via sale and lease options, much like Elon Musk's SolarCity. He also notes RGS' market cap is less than 1/40 of SolarCity's, even though its revenue is only 43% lower.
- At the same time, Hoium admits RGS' business model is very different than SolarCity's - the company sells solar systems outright and books the revenue up-front, whereas SolarCity profits from long-term lease agreements that ultimately provide more upside.
- Previous: Real Goods Solar closes acquisition, shares rise
Wednesday, Jan 1510:14 AM
Wednesday, Jan 1510:14 AM| 1 Comment
- Real Goods Solar (RSOL +2.8%) has closed its acquisition of solar system integrator Mercury Solar, following approval of the deal by its own shareholders and Mercury's (previous).
- Real Goods is issuing 8.3M shares (currently worth $34M) to Mercury shareholders, and has appointed Mercury execs to sales, operational, and finance positions within the company.
- Mercury provides with $12M in net working capital, including over $10M in cash.
Wednesday, Jan 159:11 AM
Thursday, Jan 92:12 PM
Thursday, Jan 92:12 PM| Comment!
- Shareholder of East Coast solar system integrator Mercury Solar Systems have voted in favor of the company's merger with Real Goods Solar (RSOL +12.8%). Real Goods shareholders will vote on the merger, which was first announced last August, on Jan. 14.
- Mercury's president notes his company has $10M+ in cash and no debt, and claims to have a large 2014 solar project pipeline. The company's clients include Panasonic and Green Mountain Coffee.
- Real Goods rallied on Jan. 3 after announcing a Massachusetts solar deal, and on Dec. 30 after announcing a Vermont deal.
Monday, Jan 69:11 AM
Monday, Jan 69:11 AM| Comment!
- Gainers: SEED +29%. PPHM +28%. EONC +18%. OXBT +18%. CPRX +13%. CBMX +13%. SCTY +11%. SOL +10%. XPO +10%. ETRM +9%. RMBS +9%. GRO +8%. PACR +8%. SIRI +8%. PXLW +7%. LIVE +7%. ATHX +7%. RSOL +7%. P +6%. CPST +6%. FRO +5%. TSL +5%.
- Losers: SCSS -13%. GYRO -8%. SRPT -7%. CAMT -6%. TWTR -6%. ARIA -6%. CHTP -5%.
Friday, Jan 39:22 AM
Friday, Jan 39:22 AM| 2 Comments
- A few days after moving higher on news of a Vermont solar deal, Real Goods Solar (RSOL) announces it will install and maintain four Massachusetts solar farms featuring a combined 3.5MW of capacity in partnership with local solar developer BlueWave Capital. (PR)
- Construction starts in March, and is expected to be finished in June.
Friday, Jan 39:12 AM
Monday, Dec 302013, 9:34 AM
Monday, Dec 302013, 9:34 AM| Comment!
- Real Goods Solar's (RSOL +4.6%) commercial/utility installation unit is partnering with consulting/project financing firm Green Lantern Capital to co-develop seven Vermont solar projects featuring a combined capacity of 4.5MW. (PR)
- Construction is set to begin in the summer of 2014, and be finished by November.
- Shares are adding to the gains they saw on Friday after Cowen started coverage with an Outperform.
Friday, Dec 272013, 9:17 AM|Friday, Dec 272013, 9:17 AM| Comment!
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.