Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, infectious diseases, inflammation, metabolism and... More
Thursday, Oct 174:02 AMMore on Roche Q3: Breast-cancer drugs perform well YTD
Thursday, Oct 174:02 AM| Comment!
- Roche's (RHHBY.OB) Pharmaceutical sales +2.7% to 9.03B Swiss francs ($9.9B); diagnostics division +2.5% to 2.54B francs.
- Expects full-year sales to rise in line with 2012, when revenues climbed 7%. Expects EPS to increase faster than revenues.
- In nine-month period, Roche's HER2 breast-cancer franchise, Avastin and Actemra/RoActemra helped boost sales.
- The main regional growth drivers this year have been the U.S., where nine-month sales rose 12%, and key emerging markets (especially China), where revenue climbed 10%.
- "I am very encouraged by the uptake of our new cancer medicines, Perjeta and Kadcyla, which significantly improve the survival rates of patients with a very aggressive form of breast cancer," says CEO Severin Schwan.
- Roche expects to further increase its dividend this year. (Previous) (PR)
Thursday, Oct 172:13 AM
Monday, Sep 98:55 AMPDL BioPharma forecasts Q3 revenue of $97M
Monday, Sep 98:55 AM| Comment!
- PDL BioPharma (PDLI) expects Q3 revenue of $97M, up 14% on year but a bit below consensus of 97.91M.
- PDL made the projection based on increased Q2 sales of several drugs for which PDL is due to receive royalties in Q3, including Avastin, Herceptin and Lucentis.
- PDL will receive the payments for many of the drugs from Roche unit Genentech (RHHBY.OB). (PR)
Thursday, Apr 113:13 AMRoche (RHHBY.OB): Q1 sales +5.1% to 11.6B Swiss francs ($12.4B), above consensus of 11.5B francs. Pharmaceuticals sales +7% to 9.2B francs, diagnostics +1% to 2.4B francs; Herceptin (breast cancer) 1.57B francs; Tamiflu +84% to 335M francs, due to severe flu season in U.S. Reiterates that 2013 sales will rise at same rate as in 2012, while core EPS will increase faster than revenues. (PR) |Thursday, Apr 113:13 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jan 303:04 AMRoche Holdings (RHHBY.OB): 2012 net profit +2.4% to 9.77B francs ($10.6B). Core EPS +11% to 13.62 vs consensus of 13.60. Sales +7% to 45.5B francs. Earnings boosted by breast cancer treatment Perjeta and the weakening of the Swiss franc vs the dollar and the yen. Declares dividend of 7.35 francs/share vs 6.80 francs a year ago. Expects revenue to grow in line with 2012 but core EPS to grow faster, and to again increase its dividend. (PR) |Wednesday, Jan 303:04 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Oct 162012, 3:09 AMRoche Holdings (RHHBF.PK): Q3 revenues +15% to 11.27B francs ($12.07B) vs consensus of 11.12B francs. Doesn't provide profit figures. Sales boosted by a weaker franc and growth in cancer medicines, although eye drug Lucentis declined due to competition. Reiterates FY outlook: sales growth in low-to-mid single digits, core earnings in high single-digits. Roche still wants to expand in gene sequencing despite failure of Illumina bid and is looking at deals. (PR) |Tuesday, Oct 162012, 3:09 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Jul 262012, 12:45 PMRoche (RHHBY.PK +0.6%) H1: sales +3% to 22.4B Swiss francs ($22.61B). Net profit -17% to 4.4B francs, below average analyst forecasts. Core EPS +4% to 6.94 francs, at top end of most estimates. Takes $1.7B restructuring charges. Reiterates FY growth goals of low-to-mid single digits for sales and high single-digits for core earnings. (PR) |Thursday, Jul 262012, 12:45 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jul 252012, 10:35 AMMore on Regeneron (REGN) Q2: swings to net profit of $76.7M from loss of $62.5M last year, boosted by sales of its Eylea eye treatment, which surged 57% Q/Q to $194M. Increases FY Eylea sales forecast for the 3rd time, now expecting $700M-$750M vs. $500M-$550M previously. Eylea taking market share from Roche's Lucentis and off-label Avastin. Shares +3.85%. |Wednesday, Jul 252012, 10:35 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Apr 142011, 8:57 AM