Prosensa Awarded Best Biotech Pipeline 2013 at the Rare & Orphan Advocacy and Research (ROAR) Awardsat CNBC.com (Nov 15, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 20, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jul 16, 2013)
Prosensa is a Dutch biotechonology company engaged in the discovery and development of RNA-modulating therapeutics for the treatment of genetic disorders. Its primary focus is on rare neuromuscular and neurodegenerative disorders with a large unmet medical need, including Duchenne muscular... More
Monday, Nov 185:37 PM
Tuesday, Nov 129:15 AMPremarket Gainers / Losers|Tuesday, Nov 129:15 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Nov 129:14 AMProsensa rises as sell-side begins to digest FDA stance on Sarepta's eteplirsen
Tuesday, Nov 129:14 AM| 1 Comment
- Prosensa (RNA) rallies 11% in premarket trading.
- The shares are likely responding to news that the FDA currently considers an NDA for Sarepta's (SRPT) eteplirsen to be premature.
- Worth noting: The FDA's commentary on drisapersen wasn't exactly upbeat, but bad news for SRPT is considered good news for RNA as the companies are developing potentially competing DMD treatments.
- The sell-side is beginning to weigh in on the eteplirsen news. Citi reportedly thinks SRPT could trade between $10-20 on the news (a pretty good bet considering it's already trading below $20 before the bell) as the company attempts to devise suitable endpoints, while Canaccord flags heightened regulatory and clinical risk.
- SRPT now -54%
Monday, Oct 1412:45 PM
Friday, Oct 412:25 PMSarepta rallies as Piper upbeat on eteplirsen NDA
Friday, Oct 412:25 PM| Comment!
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT +4.9%) is on the move, and with today's gains the shares are up some 10% since Wednesday when disappointing dystrophin production data from Prosensa's (RNA) drisapersen boosted sentiment around eteplirsen.
- Today's catalyst appears to be a note out of Piper which emphasizes eteplirsen's safety profile.
- SRPT is now up more than 50% since the end of August.
Thursday, Oct 310:09 AMSarepta jumps after WMS presentation shows weak dystrophin data for drisapersen
Thursday, Oct 310:09 AM| Comment!
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT +6.2%) trades notably higher in morning action.
- The shares look to be getting a boost from drisapersen (RNA, GSK) data presented Wednesday at the World Muscle Society.
- Ultimately, the dystrophin production data for drisapersen (see here) was weak — only 12-29% of patients realized an increase in the precursor to dystrophin.
- Baird maintains a Buy on SRPT. Price target is $63.
- RBC is apparently out incrementally more positive on SRPT as well.
Tuesday, Oct 110:02 AMDeerfield buys 42% of Prosensa float, shares jump|Tuesday, Oct 110:02 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Sep 2412:45 PMMidday top 10 gainers / Losers|Tuesday, Sep 2412:45 PM| 1 Comment
Monday, Sep 231:12 PMSarepta soars again, Prosensa slides further
Monday, Sep 231:12 PM| Comment!
- The divergence of fortunes for Prosensa (RNA -2.9%) and Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT +11.8%) continues today, as investors and analysts digest Friday's drisapersen data.
- SRPT is up double-digits for a second session, bringing gains since Thursday to ~31%.
- Meanwhile, RNA extends its losses as Wedbush says the company's call "suggests the anticipated causes for concern with [DEMAND-III] did not result in its failure, which ... calls into question drisapersen's therapeutic activity.”
- Previous coverage
Friday, Sep 204:33 PMLeerink talks Prosensa after ghastly sell-off
Friday, Sep 204:33 PM| Comment!
- For what it's worth (which might not be much after Friday's 70% rout), Leerink sees some upside for Prosensa (RNA) from current levels.
- Analyst Joseph Schwartz says the shares could go to $11 based on "the promising efficacy signal seen in patients below 7-years old and the fact that pooling DEMAND III data with strong DEMAND II and DEMAND V results could demonstrate that a clinically significant drisapersen treatment benefit is likely."
- Adding insult to injury today for RNA shareholders is Sarepta (SRPT), which closed 18% higher after falling 10% premarket following the drisapersen news.
- See previous coverage for more.
Friday, Sep 201:04 PMSarepta makes sharp move to the upside as the Street gets bullish
Friday, Sep 201:04 PM| 2 Comments
- At the risk of inducing eteplirsen/ drisapersen news-fatigue, it's worth noting that shares of Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT +17.2%) have reversed course dramatically over the course of the day.
- Investors and the sell-side alike have apparently digested Friday's drisapersen (RNA -67.1%) news and determined that the chances of a favorable regulatory outcome for eteplirsen are still good.
- Also, Piper Jaffray joins Stifel and Deutsche (see previous) in the bull camp, upgrading SRPT to Overweight (price target is $58).
- More here
Friday, Sep 2012:46 PMMidday top 10 gainers / Losers|Friday, Sep 2012:46 PM| 1 Comment
Friday, Sep 2010:54 AMDeutsche comments on Sarepta after Prosensa misses with drisapersen
Friday, Sep 2010:54 AM| Comment!
- Deutsche's Robyn Karnauskas is out with commentary on what Prosensa (RNA -69.8%) and GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK +0.6%) drisapersen data means for Sarepta (SRPT +2.4%)
- Long story short, it's a good news-bad news scenario.
- The good news is that this is now a one-horse race and that horse's name is eteplirsen. If the DMD treatment gets approved, it's obviously better to be the only drug on the market than to have competition.
- The bad news is that DEMAND-III "highlights it is difficult to design a clinical trial in this patient segment" and presents some uncertainty regarding "what the FDA requirements [will be] for [eteplirsen] clinical trials."
- Also: Stifel is apparently out with a positive call for SRPT
- More here
Friday, Sep 209:16 AM
Friday, Sep 208:13 AMProsensa data raises questions for Sarepta
Friday, Sep 208:13 AM| 1 Comment
- Last week, Baird noted that DEMAND-III results for drisapersen would "have important implications for Sarepta (SRPT) as complete failure or overwhelming success would be a hard blow to the bull thesis." It appears the Phase 3 results out today may have dealt such a blow.
- SRPT is off 10% premarket on news Prosensa (RNA) and GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) drisapersen did not meet its primary endpoint in DMD114044.
- Questions going forward: How valid are exon skipping drugs? Will the size of GSK's trial (186 boys) raise more questions about SRPT's data given the smaller size?
- Look for sell-side to defend RNA, but for now, the shares are simply pricing in an end game: -76% premarket.
Friday, Sep 207:32 AMGSK, Prosensa drug for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy fails Phase III
Friday, Sep 207:32 AM| 1 Comment
- GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) and Prosensa's (RNA) Drisapersen treatment for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy fails to reach its primary goal in a Phase III trial of enabling a statistically significant improvement in the Six-Minute Walking Distance test vs a placebo.
- Prosensa says it remains committed to the overall program and will continue to work closely with GSK.
- GSK intends to complete a full evaluation of the benefit-to-risk profile of Drisapersen across all studies by the year-end. This could include analyses of pooled results from various Drisapersen studies.
- Prosensa collapses 23% and GSK is +0.3%. Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT), which is also developing a treatment for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, is +12.8%. (PR)