Tue, May 19, 12:47 PM
Tue, May 19, 9:15 AM
Wed, May 13, 5:41 PM
Mon, May 11, 10:52 AM
- Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) is up 13.3% after reports on a merger with Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY +3.8%) drove up shares listed in Europe earlier today.
- The talk of industry consolidation has some other U.S. grocery stocks ahead of market averages as well.
- Grocery gainers: Kroger (NYSE:KR) +1.0%, Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM) +1.2%, Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) +1.0%, Supervalu (NYSE:SVU) +1.0%, Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM) +0.9%, Ingles Markets (NASDAQ:IMKTA) +9.8% with earnings also a factor.
- Previously: Ahold, Delhaize surge on merger reports
Wed, Apr. 8, 5:38 PM
Mon, Mar. 30, 5:38 PM
Thu, Mar. 5, 12:45 PM
Thu, Mar. 5, 12:44 PM
- Strong reports from Kroger and Delhaize are helping to provide a lift for the grocery store sector.
- Earlier this week, privately-owned Publix reported comparable-store sales rose 6.4% in Q4.
- Comps are on the rise and margin gains are being squeezed out by operators off of the sales leverage.
- Solid gains for the day on strong volume are being seen up and down the group: Kroger (NYSE:KR) +4.9%, Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM) +1.6%, Supervalu (NYSE:SVU) +1.5%, Delhaize (NYSE:DEG) +3.7%, The Fresh Market (NASDAQ:TFM) +1.2%, Ingles Markets (NASDAQ:IMKTA) +2.3%, Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM) +2.6%, Roundy's (NYSE:RNDY) +14.9%.
Wed, Mar. 4, 7:14 PM
- Midwestern grocer Roundy's Supermarkets (NYSE:RNDY) is charging it after hours, +12.4% in late trading, after beating on top and bottom lines in Q4.
- It wraps a "transition year" for the company as it moved out of 27 stores in the Twin Cities market and invested in growth in Illinois. Q4 EBITDA of $37M vs. an expected $37.6M.
- The company guided to Q1 sales of $980M-$990M, in line, and adjusted EBITDA of $27.5M-$32.5M vs. $32M expected. For full 2015, it projects net sales of $4B-$4.08B vs. $4.03B expected, and EBITDA of $115M-$125M vs. $122M expected.
- Roundy's is expecting same-store sales to decline 0.25% to 1.25% in Q1, and anywhere from 0.75% to 2.75% for the full year.
- Debt may still be a concern with total long-term debt at $718M against $78M in cash. Net cash flows from operations for the year were $48M, down from the prior $104M.
- Press release
Wed, Mar. 4, 5:36 PM
Fri, Jan. 16, 12:45 PM
Feb. 7, 2014, 9:10 AM
Jan. 6, 2014, 10:14 AM
- Shares of Whole Foods Market (WFM -4%) are down sharply in early trading as grocery stocks start the week off poorly.
- The move appears related in part to worries of lower store traffic and higher logistical costs for grocery store operators due to the recent winter storms in the U.S.
- Decliners: RNDY -2.4%, VLGEA -1.4%, SFM -1.1%, SWY -0.7%, FWM -2.5%, KR -0.4%, SVU -4.2%.
Dec. 5, 2013, 5:41 PM
Nov. 21, 2013, 11:18 AM
- Grocery store and restaurants stocks are rallying in force as the two sectors see some rare momentum.
- A couple of factors could be coming into play with jobless claims lower and some key wholesale food costs moderating. A slightly more positive read on food/restaurant spending from key companies is also in the mix.
- Advancers: Safeway (SWY) +2.9%, SuperValu (SVU) +1.5%, Whole Foods Market (WFM) +1.3%, Roundy's (RNDY) +2.5%, Jack In the Box (JACK) +5.6%, BJ's Restaurants (BJRI) +3.1%, Cracker Barrel (CBRL) +2.8%, Ruth's Hospitality (RUTH) +2.5%.
Nov. 11, 2013, 5:39 PM
RNDY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR