Thu, Apr. 30, 3:15 PM
- A big rise in interest rates early in the session made for a good excuse to sell REITs, but - with the averages sharply lower - rates have reversed course. Still, the sector can't catch a bid, with many of the bigger names down way more than the broader market.
- Equity REITs: Realty Income (O -2.3%), Health Care REIT (HCN -3.2%), Ventas (VTR -3.2%), HCP (HCP -3.1%), Equity Residential (EQR -2.6%), Silver Bay Realty (SBY -2.5%), General Growth Properties (GGP -2.4%), Retail Opportunity (ROIC -3.9%), Boston Properties (BXP -2.4%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -2.9%)
- Mortgage REITs: Armour Residential (ARR -5.6%) - which reported another weak quarter overnight, Two Harbors (TWO -1.1%), Western Asset (WMC -1.3%), Arlington Asset (AI -2.8%), PennyMac (PMT -1.5%). When things get tough, money does have a tendency to flow into the sector giants though: Annaly Capital (NLY -0.4%) and American Capital Agency (AGNC +0.3%) are notable outperformers on the session.
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, REZ, SCHH, ICF, SRS, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, FREL, WREI
Jun. 13, 2014, 5:37 PM
Jun. 11, 2014, 4:07 PM| Comment!
Dec. 19, 2013, 11:19 AM
- The broad market is quiet today following yesterday's big session, but the equity REIT sector has its eyes focused on rising Treasury yields, particularly in the belly of the curve where the 5-year yield is higher by 10 basis points on the session and all the way up to 1.64% (it was 1.3% at Thanksgiving).
- Realty Income (O -3.6%), National Retail (NNN -2.4%), Health Care REIT (HCN -3.1%), LTC Properties (LTC -3.6%), Medical Properties (MPW -2.5%), Federal Realty (FRT -1.9%), Retail Opportunity (ROIC -1.1%), Chambers Street (CSG -1.8%).
- Related ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, RWR, ICF, SCHH, DRV, KBWY, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
May 6, 2013, 5:49 PM
ROIC vs. ETF Alternatives
Retail Opportunity Investments Corp is a fully integrated & self-managed real estate investment trust. It is engaged in the acquisition, ownership & management of necessity-based community & neighborhood shopping centers on west coast of United States.
Other News & PR