Jul. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ATRO, AUO, BAH, BDC, BEN, CFR, CVE, D, DHX, DORM, DX, ENR, EVER, GIB, GRMN, GT, HAE, HES, HSP, HUM, HUN, IACI, ICLR, INGR, LFUS, LL, LO, LPLA, MGAM, MINI, MMYT, MRGE, MWV, NICE, NVMI, PAG, PBI, PEG, PSX, PSXP, PTRY, ROK, RRD, S, SAIA, SEE, SGNT, SMP, SO, SODA, SONS, SPB, SPW, TASR, TFX, TRI, VLO, VLY, WEC, WLP
Jun. 5, 2014, 7:40 PM
- Dozens of companies, including IBM and H-P (HPQ), found an unwelcome surprise in their supply chains in their search for "conflict minerals," part of the Dodd-Frank Act designed ferret out any connection to mines controlled by armed groups in the Congo: Many of their products contain North Korean gold.
- IBM, for example, disclosed that the North Korean gold was used to make its memory storage systems.
- North Korea’s central bank provides currency for the country and refines gold, but U.S. sanctions law bars importing materials from the country, even if it comes from deep within a supply chain.
- "There is still a long way to go in understanding supply chains," says an attorney who deals with conflict mineral disclosures.
- Other companies making the discovery included Ralph Lauren (RL), Rockwell Automation (ROK) and Williams-Sonoma (WSM).
Jun. 4, 2014, 4:53 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 7:07 AM| Comment!
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABB, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AMG, ARRY, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CCJ, CHKP, CIT, CMI, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DBD, DDD, DORM, ESV, ETN, FDP, FLWS, FRX, GAS, GEO, GLT, GT, GTLS, HCA, HCBK, HRS, HUN, HW, IPGP, IRWD, KLIC, LG, LKQ, LRN, LYB, MGI, MGLN, MGM, MHFI, MLM, MRK, NMM, NOK, OSK, PCAR, PES, PH, POR, RESI, ROK, RTRX, RYN, S, SAVE, SCOR, SLAB, ST, TRW, UBSI, UDR, UTHR, VAC, VLO, WAT, WDR, WRLD, WWW, XYL.
Apr. 9, 2014, 11:34 AM
Feb. 5, 2014, 12:30 PM
Jan. 29, 2014, 8:32 AM
- Rockwell Automation (ROK +3%) net profit $198.1M vs $161.4M a year earlier.
- Organic sales +7%, as the net effect of acquisitions and currency translation was negligible.
- "Sales in the U.S. were robust and I was pleased to see the Asia Pacific region return to growth," says CEO Keith Nosbusch.
- EMEA sales +10% to $324.4M, Asia-Pacific +5%.
- Raises the low end of its FY guidance and now expects organic sales growth of 3-6% vs a prior forecast of 2-6%, and adjusted EPS of $6.00-6.35 vs $5.95-6.35; consensus is for $6.23.
- Previous (PR)
Jan. 29, 2014, 7:01 AM| Comment!
Jan. 29, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 7, 2013, 7:21 AM
- Rockwell Automation's (ROK) net profit rose to $215.3M from $195.2M last year.
- Total segment operating earnings increased to $357.8M from $303.4M. Margins grew to 20.9% from 18.2%, "primarily due to higher sales, mix, strong productivity and the favorable resolution of certain legal matters."
- Organic sales growth +3%.
- Pretax margin 16.3% vs 15.3%.
- FY 2014 guidance: adjusted EPS $5.95-6.35 vs consensus of $6.15; organic sales growth of 2-6% in FY 2014, with midpoint sales of about $6.6B vs $6.61B. (Previous) (PR)
Nov. 7, 2013, 7:05 AM| Comment!
Nov. 6, 2013, 4:54 PM
Jul. 30, 2013, 1:24 PM
- Shares of Rockwell Automation (ROK +5.2%) are higher on the session after the company's FQ3 profit rises 12% Y/Y, beating estimates.
- Operating margin increases 90 bps for the period on "volume leverage."
- CEO Keith Nosbusch is "very pleased" with organic sales growth of 4% and says "market conditions [should] remain stable through Q4."
- FY13 outlook: Adjusted EPS of $5.50-5.70 on revenue of $6.3B. Consensus is $5.48/ share on $6.4B in sales. (PR)
Jul. 30, 2013, 7:21 AM| Comment!
ROK vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR