Thu, Feb. 19, 4:18 PM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:35 PM
Wed, Jan. 7, 5:51 PM
- Ahead of its analyst day presentation, ROVI has respectively narrowed its 2014 revenue and EPS guidance ranges to $538M-$542M and $1.69-$1.73 from $530M-$545M and $1.60-$1.75. Consensus is at $539.7M and $1.71. (8-K)
- 2015 guidance is for revenue of $535M-$565M and EPS of $1.55-$1.85; consensus is at $555.3M and $1.87. Rovi plans to buy back 5M shares in 2015; at current levels, that would cost $110M.
- Earlier today, Rovi announced a programming guide deal with U.S. broadband provider Suddenlink (covers digital terminal adapters). The company has been showing off a new UI, natural language search/navigation tools, and its content Knowledge Graph at CES.
Nov. 6, 2014, 4:20 PM
Jul. 30, 2014, 4:46 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 4:11 PM
Feb. 12, 2014, 4:12 PM
Feb. 12, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 8, 2014, 6:09 PM
- After deciding to sell its Entertainment Store and consumer website businesses last July, ROVI has now decided to unload its DivX video codec licensing business. The company suggests the business, which has been pressured by the growing popularity of various alternative codecs, was good for 2013 revenue of $70M-$75M, and EPS of $0.25-$0.30. (8-K)
- Rovi now expects 2013 revenue and EPS to be at the high end of the guidance ranges it claims would have been provided in October, had the DivX unit then been treated as a discontinued operation.
- Not counting DivX, Rovi expects 2014 revenue of $510M-$550M and EPS of $1.55-$1.85; the consensus (includes DivX) is at $619M and $1.98. Rovi's IP licensing business is expected to see revenue of $283M, down from 2013's $293M. Cost of goods sold is expected to fall to $78M from $82.5M, and opex is expected to rise to $220.2M from $218.5M.
- Rovi also discloses it bought back 4.2M shares in Q4, and paid down $200M in debt.
- Shares are down AH after rising 2.9% in regular trading, gradually paring the early gains they saw in response to news of several licensing deals.
Oct. 30, 2013, 4:53 PM
- JDS Uniphase (JDSU) expects FQ2 revenue of $420M-$440M, below a $456.9M consensus. Shares -6% AH. (FQ1 results, PR)
- Jive Software (JIVE) expects Q4 revenue of $38.5M-$39.5M and EPS of -$0.15 to -$0.17 vs. a consensus of $40.1M and -$0.16. Shares -9.6% AH. (Q3 results, PR)
- Ruckus (RKUS) expects Q4 revenue of $70M-$73M and EPS of $0.04-$0.05 vs. a consensus of $72.7M and $0.05. Shares -1.8% AH. (Q3 results, PR)
- ROVI expects 2013 revenue of $585M-$615M and EPS of $1.70-$2.00, largely below a consensus of $613.6M and $1.95. Shares -7.8% AH. (Q3 results, PR)
Oct. 30, 2013, 4:22 PM
Jul. 31, 2013, 6:00 PM
- ROVI has reached deals to sell its struggling Entertainment Store (private-label digital content sales) and Consumer Website businesses. The former has been on the block since January.
- Rovi now expects 2013 revenue of $600M-$630M and EPS of $1.80-$2.10, below a prior forecast of $630M-$660M, and largely below consensus of $645.4M and $2.09.
- The Consumer Website sale has a $7M-$9M impact on revenue guidance. For the rest, Rovi blames "uncertainties with respect to the timing of closing several new [licensing] agreements" with international and over-the-top (i.e. Internet video) companies. Rovi remains mired in a legal battle with Netflix and Roku.
- Revenue -5% Y/Y in Q2. Service provider revenue +10% to $83.7M, but consumer electronics businesses -27% $47.3M.
- $65M was spent on buybacks in Q2.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 31, 2013, 4:36 PM
May. 1, 2013, 5:17 PMTech guidance roundup: 1) Glu Mobile (GLUU - earnings) expects Q2 revenue of $16.5M-$17.5M and EPS of -$0.06 to -$0.07, below a consensus of $20.3M and -$0.04. 2013 guidance is for revenue of $84M-$88.5M and EPS of -$0.12 to -$0.14, below a consensus of $88.8M and -$0.11. 2) GT Advanced (GTAT - earnings) expects 2013 revenue of $500M-$600M and EPS of $0.25-$0.45 vs. a consensus of $524.8M and $0.28. Backlog -32% Q/Q in Q1 to $851M. 3) Rovi (ROVI - earnings) expects FQ2 revenue of $630M-$660M and EPS of $1.95-$2.25 vs. a consensus of $646.1M and $2.07. GLUU -4.7% AH. GTAT -6.7%. ROVI nearly unchanged. (Glu PR) (GT Advanced PR) (Rovi PR) | Comment!
May. 1, 2013, 4:28 PM
ROVI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR