Fri, Feb. 27, 4:02 PM| Comment!
Nov. 3, 2014, 11:38 AM
- Fanhattan has developed a set-top (called Fan TV) that provides integrated access to live TV, on-demand, and Web video content. The startup has also developed a zero-button (touch-based) remote, a UI with various content search, discovery, and social recommendation tools, and a complementary iOS app.
- Rovi (ROVI +1.2%), which has been trying to grow its sales of software and digital services (including its widely-used programming guides) to pay-TV providers to offset the decline of its legacy analog content protection business, has bought Fanhattan for an undisclosed amount of cash.
- Rovi promises combining its offerings with Fanhattan's will yield "a scalable and modular cloud-based platform supporting IP and hybrid STB boxes, DVR functionality and personalized interactive user-interfaces through reference design hardware and a software development kit." Fanhattan already has deals with Cox and Time Warner Cable.
Mar. 31, 2014, 2:47 PM
- P-E firms Parallax Capital and Stepstone Group are buying Rovi's (ROVI +1.6%) DivX/MainConcept video codec licensing and software business for $75M in cash and milestone payments. (PR)
- Rovi, which has already sold its Entertainment Store and consumer website ops, previously announced plans to unload DivX/MainConcept. Figures provided at the time suggested the businesses produced 2013 revenue of $70M-$75M, and EPS of $0.25-$0.30.
Jan. 12, 2012, 5:57 PMRovi (ROVI) jumps 3.8% AH after disclosing ahead of its investor day meeting (webcast) it's establishing 2012 revenue guidance of $810M-$840M ($829.5M consensus) and EPS guidance of $2.50-$2.80 ($2.64 consensus). In addition, Rovi is announcing the sale of its Roxio PC media software business to Corel for an undisclosed sum. (earlier) | Comment!
ROVI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR