- We name thirteen macro-economic reasons why Russia is currently the best place for contrarian investments.
- Russia has maybe the world's best central banker that fights high pay rises with tight monetary policy and potentially with higher unemployment.
- Even if the current situation could trigger a somewhat harder landing; an end to the credit and housing boom is beneficiary for the country. Russian households are finally saving more.
- Thanks to oil and gas sales and slower consumer spending, the Russian current account surplus will continue to be highly positive and prevent a stronger hard landing.
- Russia has low debt and a massive foreign currency reserves that permit to influence the ruble exchange rate.