Fri, Feb. 13, 8:01 AM
- Total restaurant sales increased 9.9% to $93.1M.
- Average unit weekly sales +4.5% to $112.2K.
- Food and beverage costs as a percentage of restaurant sales for the company grew 72 bps to 31.8%.
- Operating margin rate improved 166 bps to 12.04%.
- FY2015 Guidance: COGS: 31.5% to 33.5% of restaurant sales; Restaurant operating expenses: 47% to 49% of restaurant sales; Marketing and advertising costs: 2.9% to 3.1% of total revenues; G&A expenses: $25M to $27M; Effective tax rate: 31% to 34%; Capital expenditure: $20M to $23M; Diluted shares outstanding: 34.7M to 35.4M.
- RUTH +1.99% premarket.
Fri, Feb. 13, 7:15 AM
Nov. 21, 2013, 11:18 AM
- Grocery store and restaurants stocks are rallying in force as the two sectors see some rare momentum.
- A couple of factors could be coming into play with jobless claims lower and some key wholesale food costs moderating. A slightly more positive read on food/restaurant spending from key companies is also in the mix.
- Advancers: Safeway (SWY) +2.9%, SuperValu (SVU) +1.5%, Whole Foods Market (WFM) +1.3%, Roundy's (RNDY) +2.5%, Jack In the Box (JACK) +5.6%, BJ's Restaurants (BJRI) +3.1%, Cracker Barrel (CBRL) +2.8%, Ruth's Hospitality (RUTH) +2.5%.
Jul. 19, 2013, 2:40 PMRestaurant sector ratings changes from Raymond James: Bloomin' Brands (BLMN -2.9%) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform, Cracker Barrel (CBRL -2.9%), Panera Bread (PNRA +0.2%), and Ruth's Hospitality (RUTH -2.8%) all downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform. | Jul. 19, 2013, 2:40 PM | Comment!
Feb. 20, 2013, 1:56 PMRestaurant companies Wendy's (WEN +5.7%), Ruth's Hospitality (RUTH +7.1%), and Texas Roadhouse (TXRH +6.3%) show outsized gains in a sector struggling to finds its footing with margins getting pinched. The moves could be some portfolio re-shuffling by investors as the trio have been showing stronger same-store sales numbers and traffic trends than rivals. | Feb. 20, 2013, 1:56 PM | Comment!
Jul. 27, 2012, 2:00 PMRuth's Hospitality Group (RUTH +16.5%) trades up after easily beating Q2 revenue estimates. Comparable sales at its company-owned Ruth's Chris Steak House brand rose 6%, while sales at its Mitchell's Fish Market increased 2.3%. Worth noting: this is the ninth consecutive quarter of comparable sales growth and 10th straight period of traffic growth at Ruth's Chris. | Jul. 27, 2012, 2:00 PM | 2 Comments
Mar. 9, 2012, 9:39 AMRuth's Hospitality (RUTH +5.4%) will repurchase and retire all of outstanding shares of its Series A 10% convertible preferred stock owned by one of its largest shareholders for $60.2M. As a result of the buyback, RUTH's diluted common stock share count decreases by ~8.6M shares and the 10% dividend on the preferred stock is eliminated. | Mar. 9, 2012, 9:39 AM | Comment!
Jul. 11, 2011, 9:47 AMRuth's Hospitality (RUTH +0.5%) gets a lift on positive comments from Jonathan Laing in Barron's. He notes same-store sales at the high-end steakhouse chain have risen nicely for the past four quarters. The stock could easily rally to $10 as analysts bump earnings estimates higher. | Jul. 11, 2011, 9:47 AM | Comment!
RUTH vs. ETF Alternatives
Ruth's Hospitality Group Inc is a restaurant company focused on the upscale dining segment. The Company owns the Ruths Chris Steak House, Mitchells Fish Market, Columbus Fish Market, Mitchells Steakhouse and Camerons Steakhouse concepts.
Other News & PR