Wed, Mar. 11, 3:08 PM
- A day after equity markets tumbled (with many high-beta names especially hard-hit), major tech gainers are outnumbering major decliners, though the Nasdaq is nearly flat.
- Today's notable tech gainers include RF backhaul hardware vendors DragonWave (DRWI +15.6%) and Aviat (AVNW +8%), LED lighting provider Revolution Lighting (RVLT +5.4%) online textbook rental/learning services provider Chegg (CHGG +3.8%), auto site TrueCar (TRUE +5.3%), loan-shopping site owner Lendingtree (TREE +6.9%), telecom equipment vendor Calix (CALX +2.7%), TV/set-top SoC provider Sigma Designs (SIGM +4.9%), and VoIP hardware/software provider Mitel (MITL +3.8%).
- Notable decliners include supercomputer maker SGI (SGI -2.9%), 3D printing software vendor Materialise (MTLS -5.5%), security hardware/software provider KEYW Holding (KEYW -2.9%), and Chinese online game developer Changyou (CYOU -2.9%).
- DragonWave and Aviat are reversing yesterday's big losses. Materialise is making fresh 52-week lows a week after posting mixed Q4 results; KEYW is also seeing new 52-week lows. Revolution's gains continue a volatile post-earnings ride: Shares soared last week after the company posted its Q4 results, but gradually gave back their gains.
- Previously covered: SanDisk, Intel, EMC, SunEdison, Resonant, Immersion, Logitech, VeriFone, Mobileye, Dangdang, InvenSense
Dec. 29, 2014, 8:55 AM| Comment!
Dec. 18, 2014, 9:14 AM| 9 Comments
Nov. 25, 2014, 12:45 PM
Nov. 25, 2014, 9:15 AM
Nov. 25, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Revolution (NASDAQ:RVLT) is selling 8M shares at $1.25 apiece - 15% below yesterday's closing price. Underwriters have a 1.2M-share overallotment option.
- Net proceeds are expected to total $9.3M. Revolution only says they'll be directed towards "general corporate purposes, including working capital and the financing of possible acquisitions."
- Shares have fallen to new 52-week lows in premarket trading.
- Yesterday: Revolution Lighting plans stock offering
Nov. 6, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Gainers: PLNR +74%. PESI +24%. SWIR +20%. MEET +13%. RVLT +11%. COT +11%. DATA +11%. ACAS +10%. NDLS +9%. KATE +8%. KATE +8%. WFM +9%. HZNP +6%. CECO +6%. DRYS +5%. TRUE +5%.
- Losers: AEZS -51%. SZYM -47%. SNMX -26%. GNW -24%. WWWW -22%. CSOD -19%. PHMD -17%. GERN -14%. MCP -12%. GNRC -11%. WAC -9%. QCOM -7%. Z -7%. PBR -5%.
Nov. 6, 2014, 8:55 AM
- Revolution Lighting (NASDAQ:RVLT) guides for Q4 revenue of $28M-$30M, up from Q3's $26.9M. Adjusted EBITDA and op. cash flow are expected to be positive.
- Q3 gross margin was 32%, up from 26% a year ago. The company ended Q3 with $2.4M in cash, and over $13M in available financing.
- CEO Robert LaPenta: "With our strong sales pipeline of over $300 million over the next 12-15 months, and our recently completed bank financing facility with Bank of America, we believe we are well-positioned for growth in excess of 30% next year."
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 6, 2014, 12:46 PM
Oct. 6, 2014, 12:13 PM
- Revolution Lighting (NASDAQ:RVLT) now expects Q3 revenue of more than $26M, topping prior guidance of $24M-$26M and up from a Q2 level of $17.5M. Both Q3 and Q4 adjusted EBITDA are expected to be positive; positive cash flow is expected in Q4.
- The LED lighting provider is nonetheless reiterating 2H14 revenue guidance of $55M-$60M. It mentions a previously-announced reseller deal with Staples and Quill "is in place but has been delayed."
- Shares are soaring after having closed on Friday only $0.12 above a 52-week low of $1.51.
Oct. 6, 2014, 9:16 AM| Comment!
Sep. 24, 2014, 10:00 AM
Sep. 8, 2014, 12:49 PM
Aug. 7, 2014, 4:00 PM
- Revolution Lighting (RVLT -6.6%) expects Q3 revenue of $24M-$26M (up from Q2's $17.5M) and total 2H14 revenue of $55M-$60M. It expects to become cash flow positive in Q4.
- Thanks in part to the Value Lighting acquisition, Q2 sales rose 136% Y/Y. Gross margin fell to 32% from 49% a year ago due to mix changes; Revolution expects a ~35% GM going forward.
- The LED lighting system provider ended Q2 with $1.7M in cash and $34.1M in current assets. It expects to obtain a $25M credit facility from a major bank in Q3.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 21, 2014, 4:01 PM
- Revolution Lighting (RVLT +1.5%) has struck a distribution deal with Ganga Hospitality, a provider of equipment and financing to a variety of retail clients.
- The deal calls on Ganga (has 12K+ customers) to "deploy its team of over 30 professionals to focus on solely selling Revolution Lighting's LED lighting solutions and controls to its large base of customers."
- In addition, a Ganga affiliate with provide financing for customers looking buy Revolution's LED lighting systems. Revolution, meanwhile, will provide services in support of Ganga's sales efforts.
Jul. 9, 2014, 12:47 PM
RVLT vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR