- RVX-208 is a BET inhibitor that may reduce the risk of major adverse cardiac events (MACE) in a high risk patient population.
- Post hoc analysis of two phase II clinical trials showed that patients with low HDL and chronic low-grade inflammation as indicated by elevated hsCRP respond extremely well to RVX-208.
- In a recent press release, Resverlogix revealed that also patients suffering from diabetes mellitus responded very well to RVX-208, resulting in a statistically significant reduction of MACE.
- The connection between BET inhibition, inflammation and diabetes is discussed in the light of a recent trial with RVX-208 being used to treat pre-diabetic patients.
- This article also summarizes the data on MACE reduction in various subpopulations of patients in two phase II clinical trials.