There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- RVX-208 is a BET inhibitor that may reduce the risk of major adverse cardiac events (MACE) in a high risk patient population.
- Post hoc analysis of two phase II clinical trials showed that patients with low HDL and chronic low-grade inflammation as indicated by elevated hsCRP respond extremely well to RVX-208.
- In a recent press release, Resverlogix revealed that also patients suffering from diabetes mellitus responded very well to RVX-208, resulting in a statistically significant reduction of MACE.
- The connection between BET inhibition, inflammation and diabetes is discussed in the light of a recent trial with RVX-208 being used to treat pre-diabetic patients.
- This article also summarizes the data on MACE reduction in various subpopulations of patients in two phase II clinical trials.
- A $30 million loan makes it possible for Resverlogix to run a follow up trial with RVX-208 with heart disease as the endpoint.
- The loan de-risks the financial side of the investment, but risk associated with the science behind RVX-208 remains.
- The patient population expected to be targeted in the new trial - called RE-MACE - will be high risk patients with chronic low grade inflammation.
- Patients with chronic low grade inflammation have previously been reported to experience a 63% reduction in Major Adverse Cardiac Events (MACE).
- Reproducing the reduction in MACE would make RVX-208 a blockbuster drug.
- Insiders bought common shares in Resverlogix, resulting in gross proceeds of CAD 2.3 million.
- Near term events include reporting of topline results from a diabetes trial and decision on a grant from the NIH for Alzheimers disease.
- Resverlogix remains overlooked by the investment community at large, but insiders apparently remain bullish.
- A growing body of scientific evidence supports that BET-protein inhibition protects against atherosclerosis and cardiac disease.
- RVX-208 developed by a small Canadian company, Resverlogix, has proven to be one such BET-protein inhibitor.
- If RVX-208 is successful in future clinical trials, trials that require funds that the company does not have at present, there is an immense sales potential in the drug.
- This article gives the background for the intriguing science behind BET-protein inhibition in general and BET-protein inhibition by RVX-208 in particular.