SA News • Mon, Nov. 24
Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on RWT
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Nov 3, 2014)
at Zacks.com (Oct 27, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 5, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 14, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jun 10, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Apr 18, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Mar 11, 2013)
at Fox Business (Aug 30, 2012)
at Fox Business (Aug 28, 2012)
at Fox Business (Aug 28, 2012)
There are no Transcripts on RWT.
Mon, Nov. 24, 7:56 AM| Comment!
Fri, Nov. 7, 10:56 AM
- Q3 GAAP income of $45M or $0.50 per share compared to $16M and $0.18 in Q2. REIT taxable income of $0.21 per share vs. $0.17 in Q2. The dividend is $0.28.
- GAAP book value per share rises to $15.21 from $15.03 as GAAP income was well in excess of the quarterly payout. The current price of $19.36 is 1.27x book.
- Loan acquisitions of $3.4B were up 89% Q/Q, with the new initiative of acquiring conforming loans generating 46% of that total. Of note were gross margins on conforming loan sales turning positive in Q3 as the company moves past an initial focus of establishing itself and building market share.
- The Redwood Review
- Previously: Redwood Trust beats by $0.19, beats on revenue
- RWT +4.1%
Thu, Nov. 6, 6:18 PM
Thu, Nov. 6, 4:26 PM
Wed, Aug. 20, 3:35 PM
- UBS O'Connor LLC is a $5.6B hedge fund unit within the Swiss bank, and it has cut REIT holdings across the board by more than $900M after racking up big gains in the stocks this year.
- The biggest reductions were in Mid-America Apartment Communities (MAA +0.3%), AvalonBay (AVB +0.8%), and Equity Lifestyle Properties (ELS +0.2%), and other holdings include Redwood Trust (RWT -0.8%) and American Realty Capital (ARCP +1.1%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, REZ, SRS, ICF, RWR, SCHH, ROOF, DRV, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, IFNA, FNIO, WREI, GQRE
- SEC Form 13F
Fri, Aug. 8, 7:52 AM
- Q2 estimated REIT taxable income of $14M or $0.17 per share vs. $15M and $0.19 in Q1, $20M and $0.25 a year ago. Dividend is $0.28.
- Book value per share of $15.03 vs. $15.14 at end of Q1 and $14.69 a year ago. Last night's RWT close of $19.43 is nearly 1.3x book.
- From the must-read Redwood Review: "Our near-term quarterly earnings remain under pressure and are lagging the progress we see in our operations. This fact is not lost on us."
- The management team is confident margin pressure impacting the entire residential mortgage industry will subside as capacity and pricing move back in line with origination volume.
- Previously: Redwood Trust misses by $0.16, misses on revenue
Thu, Aug. 7, 7:35 PM
Thu, Aug. 7, 4:42 PM
Fri, Jun. 13, 3:14 PM
- Redwood Trust (RWT +3.2%) is ahead in today's session after last night announcing the formation of MPF Direct with the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago. MPF Direct will allow members of a FHLB to deliver residential high-balance mortgages to subsidiaries of Redwood.
- Per terms of the agreement, Redwood will be the sole investor in the program for a period of three years.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, May. 20, 4:49 PM
Mon, May. 5, 4:32 PM
- Estimated REIT taxable income of $15M or $0.19 per share vs. $20M and $0.24 in Q4, $16M and $0.20 a year ago.
- Book value per share of $15.14 up $0.04 from the end of 2013 after paying a $0.28 dividend. "While not a perfect measure of economic value creation, we believe this increase in book value cuts through some of the noise in our results by encompassing the impact of all quarterly valuation adjustments," says the company in its must-read Redwood Review.
- Loan purchase volume grew 66% in Q1 amid sharply lower industry volumes.
- "Our plan for the next few quarters is to seize market share at a time when many of our competitors are shrinking ... It is clear to us that the residential mortgage market is coming our way as 'private capital' is called upon to help reduce the government's current outsized role."
- RWT no trades AH
- Previously: Redwood Trust misses by $0.19
Mon, May. 5, 4:13 PM
Mon, May. 5, 9:55 AM
Sun, May. 4, 5:35 PM
- AEIS, AIG, APC, APL, ARE, AXLL, BDE, BNFT, CATM, CFN, CKEC, CKP, CRK, DATA, ECOL, ECOM, EGOV, ELNK, ENH, EOG, EOX, FLDM, FN, G, HCLP, HGR, HI, IDTI, ININ, KAR, LF, MCEP, MED, MR, NLS, OAS, OTTR, PIKE, PRI, PSMI, QLYS, RBC, RGR, ROSE, RWT, SALE, SKH, SMG, SNHY, STAG, SZYM, THC, TXRH, UAM, VECO, VNO, VVUS, WG, YY, ZIPR.
Thu, Apr. 10, 2:44 PM
- Working on a day when the Nasdaq is nearing a 3% decline and the S&P 500 is off more than 1.5%? How about Redwood Trust (RWT +2.2%)?
- Redwood has pretty much had the non-agency securitization market to itself since the financial crisis, and Bloomberg's Jody Shenn takes note of a Fitch report saying that of the roughly 20K mortgages securitized since 2010, only two are now more than sixty days late.
Wed, Feb. 26, 3:00 PM
- The hits keep coming for the specialty servicers where Ocwen (OCN -8.5%) is under full regulatory assault for its servicing practices. Given the roadblocks to growth now evident in servicing, word is the sector may be eyeing getting into nonprime mortgage originations. It seems a natural fit given the companies' expertise with servicing such loans, not to mention the puny margins now available in prime originations.
- Not so fast, says Moody's, warning a significant move into this business by companies like Ocwen, Nationstar (NSM -3.8%), and Walter Investment (WAC -3.7%) would threaten their credit ratings. At the moment, non-prime mortgage originations are small operations at all three, but Moody's notes the opportunity in the space as traditional lenders exit the mortgage business and players like Redwood (RWT +1.4%) get into the conforming mortgage market.
RWT vs. ETF Alternatives
Redwood Trust Inc, together with its subsidiaries, invests in, finances, and manages real estate assets. It invests in residential and commercial real estate loans and in asset-backed securities backed by real estate loans.
Other News & PR