Mon, Feb. 3, 2:19 AM
- Ryanair's (RYAAY) swung to an FQ3 net loss of €35M ($47M) from a profit of €18.1M a year earlier.
- Revenue was flat at €964.4M.
- Passenger numbers +6%.
- The loss was "entirely due" to a 9% drop in average fares and the weaker pound, Ryanair said.
- "We reacted quickly to last autumn's weakness with a range of lower fares, seat promotions, and recently increased advertising and marketing spending," the company said. "As a result, forward bookings in the fourth quarter and into FY15 are running significantly ahead of last year, albeit at weaker yields."
- The airline affirmed its FY profit forecast at €500-520M. (PR)
Nov. 4, 2013, 1:53 AM| Comment!
Jul. 29, 2013, 4:32 AM| Comment!
RYAAY vs. ETF Alternatives
Ryanair Holdings PLC provides airline-related services, including scheduled services, and ancillary services including car hire services, and internet and other related services to third parties, across a European route network.
Other News & PR