SA News • Thu, Nov. 13
There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Stellar Biotechnologies: We've Seen The Pump, Now Here Comes The Dump
- We believe Stellar Biotechnologies' share price to be a product of a well-timed promotional campaign.
- SBOTF's share count has risen 88.2% in three short years, and the September 2013 PIPE was done at a fully diluted share price of $0.3415/share. (sourced below).
- The company appears to be operating far below its capacity, and has reported net losses of ($14.8M), ($5.1M), and ($3.5M) for the past three years. (source 3).
- Promotions have touted the company's former agreement with Sigma Aldrich, but we've found that this agreement had expired in 2013.
- SBOTF's biggest competitor, BioSyn, established in 1984, claims to be able to produce far more than 1,500 grams/year. (SBOTF's current capacity).
Stellar Biotechnologies: Low Risk Biotech Provider With Significant Upside
- Stellar's main product (KLH) is involved in 20 active clinical trials.
- Studies include cures for cancer, Alzheimer's, arthritis and AIDS.
- Stellar's valuation is only $125 mm vs. peers valued in the billions.
There are no Transcripts on SBOTF.
Thu, Nov. 13, 10:55 AM| Comment!
Fri, Nov. 7, 4:05 PM
Thu, Nov. 6, 9:52 AM
Thu, Sep. 4, 1:59 PM
- There has been a lot of buying in nano cap Stellar Biotechnologies (OTCQB:SBOTF +8.7%) since late July. Prices almost quadrupled from the July 21, 2014 low of $0.60 to the peak of $2.36 on August 28 on a huge increase in volume. Profit taking took over for the next few days, but prices bullishly rebounded as they approached the 50-day EMA albeit on lower volume.
- On August 29, the company issued a press release stating that it was unaware any material change in its operations that would merit the abnormal trading activity.
- Stellar's business is based on the immune-stimulating protein Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH). It maintains an aquaculture facility to cultivate Giant Keyhole Limpets to ensure a constant supply of the protein. KLH is an active ingredient in some pharmaceutical products and certain immunotherapeutic product candidates.
- Sales for fiscal Q3 were only ~$100K, however. Its cash balance at quarter's end was $14.8M which management stated was sufficient to fund the company's operations through 2015.
Thu, Jul. 10, 9:29 AM| 5 Comments
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
SBOTF vs. ETF Alternatives
Stellar Biotechnologies, Inc. (TSX-V: KLH) (OTCQB: SBOTF) is the world leader in sustainable manufacture of Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH), an important immune-stimulating protein used in wide-ranging therapeutic and diagnostic markets. KLH is both an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) in... More
Other News & PR