Yesterday, 12:34 PM
- Brazil stocks are sharply lower after Eletrobras (EBR -4.5%), the country’s largest utility by revenue, was cut to junk by Moody’s.
- While EBR showed “some financial improvement” in its Q1 earnings, its credit metrics remain too weak to remain at investment grade, Moody’s said, also citing an investigation on alleged bribes involving the former head of a subsidiary.
- Meanwhile, Pres. Rousseff is trying to salvage her presidency as things go from bad to worse amid the Petrobras (PBR -3.8%) corruption scandal, with a new poll finding that 63% of Brazilians favor impeachment proceedings.
- Brazilian opposition lawmakers are considering impeachment, either as an accessory to the corruption or for crimes of “irresponsibility” with finances.
- Also: PBR.A -3.8%, EBR.B -6.6%, VALE -0.2%, ELP -1.2%, CIG -3.3%, CPL -2%, SBS -4.7%, BSBR -2.7%, BBD -2.6%, ITUB -2.3%.
- ETFs: EWZ, BRF, BRZU, EWZS, BRXX, BRAQ, BZQ, BRAZ, BRAF, UBR, DBBR, FBZ
Wed, Apr. 1, 2:25 PM
- Petrobras (PBR +7%) and other Brazilian stocks post strong gains in reaction to Pres. Rousseff's declaration that her government will do whatever it takes for the country to meet its fiscal target this year.
- Rousseff says PBR may release its audited results by the end of the month, and issues a strong denial that she knew about the bribery that has shaken the company she chaired during 2003-10.
- Also: PBR.A +6.5%, EBR +6.6% EBR.B +9%, ELP +6%, CIG +4.9%, CPL +3%, SBS +4.9%, BSBR +5%, BBD +4.5%, ITUB +3.9%; however, with continued negative headlines on iron ore prices, VALE -1.9%.
- ETFs: EWZ, BRF, BRXX, EWZS, BRZU, BRAQ, BZQ, BRAZ, BRAF, UBR, DBBR, FBZ
Fri, Mar. 20, 9:23 AM
Fri, Jan. 30, 9:12 AM| 4 Comments
Wed, Jan. 28, 9:14 AM
Fri, Jan. 23, 12:46 PM
Oct. 27, 2014, 9:13 AM| 1 Comment
Aug. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
Feb. 18, 2014, 9:13 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 9:10 AM
Nov. 8, 2013, 9:22 AM
Sep. 5, 2013, 9:14 AM
Nov. 23, 2012, 9:10 AM
SBS vs. ETF Alternatives
Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo provides water & sewage services to residential, commercial, industrial & governmental customers. It also supplies water on wholesale basis & provides related consulting services.
Other News & PR