Thu, Jul. 23, 7:09 AM
Wed, Jul. 22, 11:35 AM
Fri, May 29, 4:42 PM
- Scholastic (NASDAQ:SCHL) says it's closed the sale of its EdTech business unit to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC).
- The deal -- for $575M in cash -- includes Scholastic's equity in the International Center for Leadership in Education and Tom Snyder Productions. The unit has drawn $175M in revenue in the first nine months of this fiscal year.
- The company had expected net proceeds of $360M-$370M, to be used to invest in its core business of children's books and classroom publishing.
Fri, Apr. 24, 6:50 AM
- Scholastic (NASDAQ:SCHL) announces it will sell its Education Technology and Services business to Houghton Mifflin Hardcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) for $575M.
- The company expects net proceeds of $360M to $370M after transaction fees and taxes.
- The transaction is expected to close in Q2.
- Education Technology and Services took in $175M in revenue and $17M in operating income for the first nine months of the fiscal year which ends on May 31.
- Scholastic intends to use some of the funds from the sale to invest in growth in children's book publishing, classroom materials, and its international business.
Thu, Mar. 26, 10:38 AM
- Scholastic (SCHL -1%) trades lower after missing estimates with its FQ3 report.
- The company rode the popularity of the Minecraft Handbook to a 7% increase for its children's book unit revenue.
- International sales at Scholastic were down 5% with F/X a drag.
- The media/licensing/advertising side of the business saw a double-digit drop in revenue.
- Previously: Scholastic misses by $0.03, misses on revenue
Thu, Mar. 26, 7:05 AM
Wed, Mar. 25, 5:30 PM
Wed, Mar. 25, 11:02 AM
Dec. 18, 2014, 10:06 AM
Dec. 18, 2014, 8:31 AM
- Scholastic (NASDAQ:SCHL) reports revenue in its children's book publishing and distribution business rose 14% Y/Y to $402.6M in FQ2.
- A higher rate of engagement by teachers and parents in the company's book clubs was cited.
- The gain helped offset a revenue slip during the quarter in the international and classroom materials publishing segments.
Dec. 18, 2014, 7:01 AM
Dec. 17, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 25, 2014, 7:55 AM
- Scholastic (NASDAQ:SCHL) reports a 10% rise in revenue for its International segment during FQ1 to help offset a slide in the Educational Technology and Services segment.
- SG&A expense ratio flat at 60.4% during the period.
- The company notes a loss in the first quarter when school is not in session is typical.
Sep. 25, 2014, 7:17 AM
Sep. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 24, 2014, 12:07 PM
SCHL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR