Scholastic's Education Segment Won't Be Able To Drive Revenue Higher
- Scholastic is in desperate need of a growth driver. The company's revenue has declined over the last decade.
- Scholastic's education revenue has only grown 0.38% since 2010..
- States are starting to increase education spending but increases are still less than 2%. Some states are still decreasing spending on a per-pupil basis..
- Since 2006, federal education spending for elementary and secondary education has decreased..
- Common Core can't be a sustainable growth driver due to the onetime nature of spending and rising backlash from voters.