SA Transcripts • Wed, Nov. 12
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Superconductor Technologies: Potential Copper Wire Alternative Blockbuster
- SCON's pilot machine has achieved commercial viability. The full scale machine is currently being built.
- Superconductor wire could become a viable copper alternative for advanced power systems.
- SCON has four customers in late stage pilot testing and thus far achieved very high critical economic and commercial performance.
Wed, Nov. 12, 7:16 AM| Comment!
Mon, Aug. 18, 12:26 PM
- In an article embargoed until 6AM Tuesday, Benjamin Padnos argues Resonant's (NASDAQ:RESN) RF front end designs are well-positioned to gain share due to the performance demands of modern phones containing 4G modems.
- Padnos thinks Resonant's technology, which can allow phones to use a single RF filter that switches between channels, could "potentially be included in virtually every mobile device manufactured."
- He also highlights the company's patent portfolio, Skyworks partnership, and ~$50M market cap.
- Shares are moderately above May's $6 IPO price, but still well below their $10 opening trade. Superconductor Technologies (SCON +2.4%) owns 11.6% of Resonant; its market cap is currently at $38M.
Thu, Aug. 7, 6:35 AM
Thu, May. 29, 12:50 PM
- After pricing its 2.7M-share IPO at $6 (in-line with expectations), Resonant (RESN) opened at $10 and is currently at $8.91, up 48.6%. That gives the RF filter developer a $57.7M valuation.
- Resonant, still in development-stage, has developed filter technology (referred to as ISN) it asserts can both deliver improved performance and enable tunable designs (can cut down on a device's filter count and save space).
- The company is looking to strike licensing deals that involve royalty payments for RF front-end modules using its IP. It had a Q1 net loss of $3.95M.
- Resonant has a partnership with RF component giant Skyworks (SWKS +1.8%) to develop an RF duplexer it thinks can cost less than half as much as rival solutions. It also plans to develop tunable filter designs on its own.
- Superconductor Technologies (SCON -0.7%) owns 11.6% of Resonant post-IPO.
Thu, May. 8, 8:21 AM| Comment!
Thu, Mar. 27, 6:37 AM
Tue, Mar. 11, 9:12 AM
Tue, Jan. 7, 12:46 PM
Nov. 12, 2013, 6:38 AM
Oct. 17, 2013, 12:57 PM
Aug. 20, 2013, 12:45 PM
- Midday top 10 gainers: NFEC +21%. PULS +18%. RNET +15%. XOMA +15%. COCO +13%. ELTK +14%. SCON +11%. PSUN +11%. CPSS +10%. AFFM.OB +7%.
- Midday top 10 Losers: LITB -34%. MKTY.PK -19%. PLCC -18%. ALVR -16%. BKS -15%. PURE.OB -14%. ANW -13%. NAII -13%. FMAR.OB -13%. CBAK -10%.
Aug. 20, 2013, 9:17 AM
- LightInTheBox (LITB) has been cut to Underperform by Credit Suisse after delivering mixed Q2 results and issuing light revenue guidance. Shares -38.3%.
- Pandora (P) has been started at Buy by B. Riley ahead of Thursday's FQ2 report. Goldman upgraded shares last Friday. Shares +2.8%.
- Salesforce (CRM) has been started at Overweight by First Analysis ahead of its Aug. 29 FQ2 report. Shares +1.3%.
- Riverbed (RVBD) has been cut to Sell by Deutsche a day after announcing president Eric Wolford is retiring, and getting cut Market Perform by JMP. Shares -5.1%.
- Superconductor Technologies (SCON) has been started at Buy by Ladenburg. Shares +12.1%.
Aug. 13, 2013, 6:59 AM
Aug. 6, 2013, 12:48 PM
Jul. 19, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jun. 3, 2013, 12:48 PM
SCON vs. ETF Alternatives
Superconductor Technologies Inc., is engaged in developing and commercializing temperature superconductor materials and related technologies. It has three product lines which relates to wireless base stations; SuperLink, AmpLink, and SuperPlex.
Other News & PR